Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient Success

This is my first time posting to the board however I have been a reader for the last few months. During this time, I have received some very useful information. Due to receiving contact information for Navient's Office of Consumer Advocates from this board I was able to have a 90-day late treadline removed from my credit report!!!!!!! This late treadline was placed on my report last year and I am curious to see what/if any score boost I will receive. First, I sent them an email after which time they decided NOT to remove the treadline. After, contacting the Office of Consumer Advocates I was assigned an Advocate who put in a request with the Credit Department to have this item removed. I was informed this Monday that this item would be removed from all 3 reports.

I was with Lexington Law for 3 months (Jan-Mar) I must admit they were successful in getting some things removed. However, after reading this board and in an attempt to save $99.95 a month I canceled my subscription with LL and decided to take charge of my own credit repair. I have decided to tackle things on my credit report one item at a time (works for me). Now I am attempting to goodwill Synchrony Bank for an old JC Penny card any advice would be appreciated. I plan to be a contributor to the board sharing my credit repair journey. In the hopes of keeping myself on track, as well as, offering support and encouragement to others.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navient Success

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first time posting to the board however I have been a reader for the last few months. During this time, I have received some very useful information. Due to receiving contact information for Navient's Office of Consumer Advocates from this board I was able to have a 90-day late treadline removed from my credit report!!!!!!! This late treadline was placed on my report last year and I am curious to see what/if any score boost I will receive. First, I sent them an email after which time they decided NOT to remove the treadline. After, contacting the Office of Consumer Advocates I was assigned an Advocate who put in a request with the Credit Department to have this item removed. I was informed this Monday that this item would be removed from all 3 reports.

I was with Lexington Law for 3 months (Jan-Mar) I must admit they were successful in getting some things removed. However, after reading this board and in an attempt to save $99.95 a month I canceled my subscription with LL and decided to take charge of my own credit repair. I have decided to tackle things on my credit report one item at a time (works for me). Now I am attempting to goodwill Synchrony Bank for an old JC Penny card any advice would be appreciated. I plan to be a contributor to the board sharing my credit repair journey. In the hopes of keeping myself on track, as well as, offering support and encouragement to others.

Good story...

You would only GW them if the account has been paid, if its not paid you would need to send them a PFD offer. You want to send any communications to the office of the CEO and good luck Smiley Happy

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4423125

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled (settled for less) with them over 2yrs ago. Are they  known to delete derogs?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I settled (settled for less) with them over 2yrs ago. Are they  known to delete derogs?

Always possible, I have no info on this creditor per se. The best chance of a GW deletion is in the last year of reporting before it can no longer be reported.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.