Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient inaccurate late??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient inaccurate late??

I've tried getting a goodwill with navient with no success so I am going through my payment history. I think I may at least found one inaccurate reporting. I was hoping you guys could help I want to make sure I have this right. I have a 60 day reporting for Jan 2016 but I think it should be 30. Ok so I didn't make a payment in December (due the 3rd). I made a payment on Jan 10th for December's payment. Then later in Jan I made two payments (the 100) for Jan and Feb. Then in Feb I was charged a late fee even though I made Feb payment. So technically I was about 37 days. Should this be a 60 late? Man I hope I'm on to something!

IMG_1028.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient inaccurate late??

Yes if the payment was due on 12/3 and you paid on 1/10 it is not 60 days late. As far as the extra payment in January it only counted as your January payment most likely. You just paid extra hence the late fee for February.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was late with navient they'd have a total amount due which is for the late plus the current due. When I was late I would pay the total due and round up to next even dollar amount. Thank you for looking over it!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm that case the late fee in February would also be false. I think The lawsuit against Navient would come in to play. Accused of bad practices and overcharging people. Read into it if you haven't already.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: the customer advocate was really rude and wouldn't listen. The loan is paid off so they don't care. I filed a report to the CFPB. They are really getting on my nerves.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.