Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient is retracting 90 day late!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient is retracting 90 day late!!!

So 3 months ago my scores dropped about 30-35 points each bureau when a 90 day late account reported from Navient. I knew there was a mistake somewhere/mess up, so I spent hours searching for anything I could to show a payment was made, and the account was never 90 days late. I found bank statements, and a few other documents, got the call directly from Navient, this morning they submitted a retraction to all the bureaus!!!  What a relief! 

My question is, when the accounts update, what will it say? Does that mean the late payment marks for the months will be removed? And any negative information from this will be gone since they made an error, and are credtiing my account? I know it will take a little while to update, but I just am wondering what to expect when it all gets retracted, and then wonder if I should see a score increase? The retraction was approved today so I know it's too soon, this is what the accounts are reporting as now:

Payment Status Details :
EQ:Current, was past due 60 days 
TUSmiley Tongueaid or paying as agreed 
EXSmiley Tongueays account as agreed
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navient is retracting 90 day late!!!

Navient is great for removing lates. I had 4-6 lates up to 90 days on three separate accounts with them. Did the 3 pay program on two and brought one current in good faith.

After one year the original 3 accounts were removed and replaced with 3 new accounts with mostly the same information, age, etc and they just removed all lates and included payment history from 2013 onward. Accounts were marked never late, pays as agreed.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So 3 months ago my scores dropped about 30-35 points each bureau when a 90 day late account reported from Navient. I knew there was a mistake somewhere/mess up, so I spent hours searching for anything I could to show a payment was made, and the account was never 90 days late. I found bank statements, and a few other documents, got the call directly from Navient, this morning they submitted a retraction to all the bureaus!!!  What a relief! 

My question is, when the accounts update, what will it say? Does that mean the late payment marks for the months will be removed? And any negative information from this will be gone since they made an error, and are credtiing my account? I know it will take a little while to update, but I just am wondering what to expect when it all gets retracted, and then wonder if I should see a score increase? The retraction was approved today so I know it's too soon, this is what the accounts are reporting as now:

Payment Status Details :
EQ:Current, was past due 60 days 
TUSmiley Tongueaid or paying as agreed 
EXSmiley Tongueays account as agreed

It should show OK in the monthly history track and the account should be in paid as agreed status with no mention of lates (assumes there are no others)  Score increases/decreases are immediate its a fluid number based on whats in your CR at the time the score is requested, it can change multi times in one day if multi accounts report on same day, it is always in flux. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sneakytiki wrote:
Navient is great for removing lates. I had 4-6 lates up to 90 days on three separate accounts with them. Did the 3 pay program on two and brought one current in good faith.

After one year the original 3 accounts were removed and replaced with 3 new accounts with mostly the same information, age, etc and they just removed all lates and included payment history from 2013 onward. Accounts were marked never late, pays as agreed.

How did you get your lates removed...I have been battling with them for months and am still going. So far they have twice came back and said that they reported correctly. I have statements from them during the periods they said were late saying my account was current but they still refuse to remove them. I am now waiting for a response from their customer advocate group since I redisputed the information. If it continues with the same resolution, I am going to contest the response to the CFPB Comlaint I filed. Drives me nuts because they are my only baddie reporting.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Sneakytiki wrote:

ya would love to know how you did this as well as I have a slew of lates 4 years ago with them and would love to get them off but no luck what so ever and had perfect payment history the last 4 years with them.. They are known to be a nightmare to deal with along with their sister company sallie mae.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't had any lates at all for the account. I hope I get the 30 points back that I lost when that account reported as late.

And to the people asking how I had it removed, it was because Navient messed up, and I had proof they did so they had to remove it . System error.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.