Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient

I fully paid off Navient April 11th and was told that I had to wait 30 days before they would update my credit report to a 0 blanace and paid status. Today I checked my Experian report and found that they reported it as late again for April and updated the amount due as $1,584. It hasnt quite been the 30 days yet. Do I send in a dispute or wait the 30 days then call and dispute? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient

Wait the full 30 days before calling or disputing. Make sure you have proof of that agreement to report a $0 balance and paid.

Message 2 of 5
minski
Established Contributor

I've been reading all these horror stories about Navient on Consumer Affairs website so am a little anxious about Navient's practices now. 

Am I reading correctly that although you paid off your loans, Navient is reporting you as late in a payment? 

Any updates here? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minski wrote:

I've been reading all these horror stories about Navient on Consumer Affairs website so am a little anxious about Navient's practices now. 

Am I reading correctly that although you paid off your loans, Navient is reporting you as late in a payment? 

Any updates here? 

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Are you saying you've read they update late for the months after payment, or that the previous late payments remain.  The former is grounds for dispute.  The latter is not.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is common for a credtior to first put you rmoney in tha bank, clearing the financial processing of the payment before the left-arm then completes the credit reporting part of their resonsibility.  I would let the smoke clear before assuming the damage.

Yes, if you paid and a delinquency was reported for a subsequent month, it is not accurate.

However, that may have been a result of their automated system that may be updated once a manual and final update is completed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.