Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU PFD?

tag
creditlady
New Contributor

Navy FCU PFD?

I lost my job  a few years back and let a good cc get charged off with navy fcu. The balance is 4688 on a 5k card so it is affecting my util %. Since these years have passed I have gotten back on my feet and need this gone off my reports.  Does anyone know if they PFd? They never sold it to any CA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditlady
New Contributor

Re: Navy FCU PFD?

Amy advice?
Message 2 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

From what I have heard, Navy Fed is very forgiving and will let you back in with open arms if you take care of your old debt. I have seen success stories with pfds. So give it a shot. Good luck!
Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Navy is NOT FORGIVING when it comes to their own cards or loans if you screw them, however......  They're forgiving of other peoples debts.

You're going to have to pay this, in full to EVER get product with them again.

And they do NOT DELETE.....They take a hard stand on this.

If you pay them, in full, chances are VERY GOOD that you'll get back in with them.  You'll have to start small and rebuild your relationship.

Do whatever you can to get this monkey off your back.  They will be good to you in the future.

Message 4 of 7
creditlady
New Contributor

Will they at least remove lates? How long does it take to get back in their graces after paying the charge off
Message 5 of 7
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Creditlady,

Did you ever have any success with getting them to remove? I have a card that I paid off in December that I would love for them to remove a few lates or the entire tradeline but I haven't had any success.

Ry

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will accept payment for the CC and once you're done paying it in full, will take 60 days to update your credit report. They will not delete though. 

You'll have to wait until your credit reports reflect the paid debt in order to get CCs or loans again. 

If you wait too long to pay the debt, they will sell it to a CA and you can never get back in with them. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.