Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Credit score verses Myfico

tag
ethelrose
Established Member

Navy Fed Credit score verses Myfico

So strange, my hubby just applied for a loan with Navy Fed and he got approved but the score they stated that he has is significantly lower than the Myfico score. He is showing as having a 628 score with Myfico but a 579 from the score that Navy Fed used. Why such a huge discrepancy? I am totally confused. 

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 604
Goal Score: 685

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed Credit score verses Myfico

What type of loan was it?

Message 2 of 6
empiror22
Regular Contributor

short answer is that navy fed uses one of the fico scores that is not fico 8.  fico 8 is the one you see listed, they could use about 8 other scores that are all fico and available via purchase of a new 3 bea pull or maybe a single CRA pull.

Message 3 of 6
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

For their credit cards, they use EQ Bankcard Fico 5 - mine is about 100 pts less than my FICO 08.  I was bummed.  I just got their secured card though and have several baddies coming off in the next few weeks.  I hope to be able to get their regular card in 6 months or so.

Congrats on the loan approval.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 4 of 6
ethelrose
Established Member

Alright many thanks! That makes sense. 

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 604
Goal Score: 685

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@needtodobetter wrote:

For their credit cards, they use EQ Bankcard Fico 5 - mine is about 100 pts less than my FICO 08.  I was bummed.  I just got their secured card though and have several baddies coming off in the next few weeks.  I hope to be able to get their regular card in 6 months or so.

Congrats on the loan approval.

Thanks for the info, my EQ bankcard 5 is 37 pts higher than my 8.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.