Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed question?

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Yes that is what is says on the website with addition to Grand parents , I made sure I wasn't going against any of their policies prior to joining but still got caught up in this freeze thing..

Do you live near a branch? I'd go in in person if possible to clear up any issues. I don't think it's because of your sister, unless her or her husband's accounts are not in good standing.

Message 11 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes we have a branch kinda close , about an hour away , I would have already went but fiancé and I share one car and he works everyday except Sunday , but if it isn't cleared up this coming week we will have to find someway to go there and figure out what is going on, the Fiance's problem was they didn't verify his ID or address prior to approval , so when we applied for the CLOC it flagged his account bc they never ask either of us for any docs bf approving us online .

Now my problem is they flagged my membership app thinking someone other than MYSELF had opened the account , there is lots of this freezing of new accounts going on right now , I wish I would have know bc I would have went into the branch to open our accounts , therw are lots and lots of threads in the personal finance section on here about the same thing as I am going thru, there is alot of unorginization with Navy Fed and their application process , they approve then wait until your approved and have funded your accounts and apped for products then BAM freeze your accounts and assets . It is very disheartening to me that this has happened and it's causing me to lose alot of trust in their CU, but anyway they asked me to fill out this fraud form stating that I was the one to open my account , not anyone else fraudulently, I also sent in every document I could to prove my idenitty and address and that I was eligible thru my sister , I am getting upset bc I have faxed all this twice so far and they can't even confirm that it was received .
Message 12 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Oh and yes my sis and brother in laws accounts are good , they have been members for over 10 years with them , I made sure to check bf applying lol did not want to run into any problems along the way lol
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.