cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed...two products for the price of 1!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed...two products for the price of 1!!!

So I'm officially gardening now on my journey to rebuild. I have a Cap1 Plat and QuickSilver unsecured both at 300 dollar limits. I just opened up Navy Fed accounts. The rep there had me open up a secured personal loan for 500 dollars by taking the funds from my savings. THEN, took the 500 dollars from the loan and used that to open up a secured credit card!! Two products for the price of one!! Now the loan term is 6 months. I can pay it off anytime but just gonna pay on it monthly for the next 6 months to build pymt history.

So I have the following as of right now:

Cap1: Platinum 300
Quicksilver 300
Navy Fed: secured rewards: 500(Gonna add another 1000 this weekend to make it a total of 1500
Secured personal loan: 500

This is what I am going to garden with. Any suggestions? Or a good start??

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Fed...two products for the price of 1!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
So I'm officially gardening now on my journey to rebuild. I have a Cap1 Plat and QuickSilver unsecured both at 300 dollar limits. I just opened up Navy Fed accounts. The rep there had me open up a secured personal loan for 500 dollars by taking the funds from my savings. THEN, took the 500 dollars from the loan and used that to open up a secured credit card!! Two products for the price of one!! Now the loan term is 6 months. I can pay it off anytime but just gonna pay on it monthly for the next 6 months to build pymt history.

So I have the following as of right now:

Cap1: Platinum 300
Quicksilver 300
Navy Fed: secured rewards: 500(Gonna add another 1000 this weekend to make it a total of 1500
Secured personal loan: 500

This is what I am going to garden with. Any suggestions? Or a good start??

Thanks!

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Yup go to the garden with what you have, use them and pay them off every month at month 6 you can see if you can start to get some better cards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.