Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union

I should be accepted into Navy Federal this week. I had to app over the phone though because during the ID verification part online, my driver's license expiration date wasnt accepted. The Arizona licenses don't expire until the driver is 65 years old. 

Anyways, when I applied the woman on the other end asked if I would be interested in any of their credit cards or other services. I said as long as it was the same HP I would like to app for the Flagship Rewards Signature Visa. Thats when she told me it was a different hard pull. I guess when they call me for the "welcome to NFCU call" I can ask again. 

I'm joining Navy Federal mainly for their auto loans. I plan on a large diesel truck purchase in 6 months or so and I'm betting they will beat out Chase (my current bank of 5 years).

Message 11 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, it'll be another HP. NFCU is very inquiry happy.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 15
suchbadcredit

I use NFCU as well. Love them. Refinanced my car through them with an under 600 score for significantly lower than what Carmax did. I even dropped a year of payments and it still came out cheaper. My next big move is hopefully a mortgage through them when I get up in to the mid 650s

Message 13 of 15
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  NFCU is the best credit union, especially for those us rebuilders.  Treat them well and they will return the favor.

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 14 of 15
USF813
Frequent Contributor

They are soft pull happy too. I just noticed two soft pulls in July alone!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.