Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
dbslove
Contributor

Navy Federal

Navy Federal began reporting on my reports 7/9/12, I finally received the notification that I had a new account reporting from Premiere Credit Card and SW, however there was not a score change... Can that be possible? or do I have to order a new report to show the true score??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

So you think your score should drop when a newly opened account reports?  Not always the case.  In fact, I have not taken even a 1 point drop from new accounts or inquiries in the last 2 years.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 8
dbslove
Contributor

Just the opposite Dave I was hoping to see somewhat of a gain for a new account. The last card that posted to my account I saw a slight point increase.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 10pt increase when my new card hit...wasn't as much as I was hoping for, but I'll take it!

Message 4 of 8
2NE1
Established Contributor

@dbslove wrote:
Just the opposite Dave I was hoping to see somewhat of a gain for a new account. The last card that posted to my account I saw a slight point increase.

Perhaps you didn't get a score change cause the new account didn't necessarily make an impact to your credit report. How many cards do you currently have? And what's the CL on this NFCU CC? Have you made any changes to your UTIL%?
Message 5 of 8
dbslove
Contributor

2ne1.. currently I have a cap1 with zero balance, fp with zero balance, 1st progress 107 balance, navy federal 36 balance and a fibgerhut card with zero balance... my utilization is great well under 9%..I saw an increase on my usaa equifax and experian faakos of course transunion has not reported.
Message 6 of 8
dbslove
Contributor

Jpersat when my first progress card hot it was like a 10-15 point increase for me as well.
Message 7 of 8
2NE1
Established Contributor

Well seems like you have enough credit mix with five CCs reporting, I honestly wouldn't expect a score increase right away. Usually those happen when you start adding new CC TLs when you don't have any open revolving credit.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.