Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal

just landed a account there!!! customer service was absolutely incredible. ... could you imagine how nice Walmart would be if they shared the same customer service protocols.....

my eq. score is 596....should I wait to app. for there cc?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal

bump
Message 2 of 16
dursty87
Established Contributor

I have seen approval's for scores in the high 500's.  Personally, I would head over to the credit card forum and ask CreditAddict - he is the NFCU guru.

Message 3 of 16
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

JJ:

Speaking from my own experience, I absolutely LOVE NFCU! I have been a member (son in Navy) for almost 5 years, and just recently starting using the benefits and they have been extremely helpful in my rebuilding process! I had a savings account with a very minimum balance in it with them and had applied for a secured card - Ive had it since January 14, and in March 14, out of the blue I called NF when Ford denied me for my new car loan, thinking that there was NO WAY I was going to get approved! How surprised was I when I called, explained my rebuild story (probably about the same scores as you) and got approved for a $30,000 auto loan at 2.7%! I was in shock! I have been making payments on time and more than minimum payments every month and decided that I wanted to payoff a Collection acct and decided to... yes, apply for a  unsecured visa card. BAM! Approved, but for only $500.00. My collection was way more than that, I emailed them to explain (the forums call it recon or reconsidering) and 2 days later credit limit increase $3,000.00!!! As far as I am concerned, I will be loyal to them for the rest of my life! Ive heard that if you pay your bills on time and do the right thing, they will always help you and you will never have money problems again if you bank with them! I say yes, apply. Whats the worst that can happen? They listen, tthey honestly care and will always give you the best advice and the service has always exceed edmy expectations! 

You are definatly on your way and doing the right thing....We all must start somewhere, but NFCU rocks!

BTW - My last collection account is now removedSmiley Happy

Myfico scores 1.9.15 EQ 657 EX 688 TU 700
NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:
NFCU Auto 30,000 | NFCU Nav check 15,000 | NFCU Debt Cons 4100 |

Message 4 of 16
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

@REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014 wrote:

JJ:

Speaking from my own experience, I absolutely LOVE NFCU! I have been a member (son in Navy) for almost 5 years, and just recently starting using the benefits and they have been extremely helpful in my rebuilding process! I had a savings account with a very minimum balance in it with them and had applied for a secured card - Ive had it since January 14, and in March 14, out of the blue I called NF when Ford denied me for my new car loan, thinking that there was NO WAY I was going to get approved! How surprised was I when I called, explained my rebuild story (probably about the same scores as you) and got approved for a $30,000 auto loan at 2.7%! I was in shock! I have been making payments on time and more than minimum payments every month and decided that I wanted to payoff a Collection acct and decided to... yes, apply for a  unsecured visa card. BAM! Approved, but for only $500.00. My collection was way more than that, I emailed them to explain (the forums call it recon or reconsidering) and 2 days later credit limit increase $3,000.00!!! As far as I am concerned, I will be loyal to them for the rest of my life! Ive heard that if you pay your bills on time and do the right thing, they will always help you and you will never have money problems again if you bank with them! I say yes, apply. Whats the worst that can happen? They listen, tthey honestly care and will always give you the best advice and the service has always exceed edmy expectations! 

You are definatly on your way and doing the right thing....We all must start somewhere, but NFCU rocks!

Wow!  You guys definitely give me hope.  I just opened a savings account with them yesterday with only $50, but I want to increase it to $1,000.  I had posed the same question about being too chicken to app....based on what everyone said, I should definitely app, and even if I get a secured card, it will at least be a start to what everyone seems to describe as a freat relationship with a solid financial institution where you are more than a bank account.

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 5 of 16
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

I would recommend to both of you to call them. Explain your situation and they will listen! If you are going to take a hard pull anyways, I would do it over the phone and have them give you guidance since it depends on many other factors other than just being an account holder.

Rebulding is a struggle, ups and downs ! My advice?  Spend as much time as you can reading on my fico forums and being dilligent!  What a feeling of accomplishment when you finally see your hard work paying off! Some days I get very emotional when I look back and see how far I have come...Its all due to people on here who have been there and selflessly offered advice and suggestions and I wouldnt be anywhere CLOSE if it wasnt for myfico community, suze orman (LOVE HER!)  and NFCU!!!

Good luck to you both! Please come back and let us know how it went!

NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:

Message 6 of 16
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

@REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014 wrote:

I would recommend to both of you to call them. Explain your situation and they will listen! If you are going to take a hard pull anyways, I would do it over the phone and have them give you guidance since it depends on many other factors other than just being an account holder.

Rebulding is a struggle, ups and downs ! My advice?  Spend as much time as you can reading on my fico forums and being dilligent!  What a feeling of accomplishment when you finally see your hard work paying off! Some days I get very emotional when I look back and see how far I have come...Its all due to people on here who have been there and selflessly offered advice and suggestions and I wouldnt be anywhere CLOSE if it wasnt for myfico community, suze orman (LOVE HER!)  and NFCU!!!

Good luck to you both! Please come back and let us know how it went!

Suze is the Queen!!!!  Love, love her.  Thanks for the advice.  I spend hours on myFico....I am reading everything and anything, this is the best site on the internet hands down!

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG...navy federal rocks!!! $ just approved for $6000 cash rewards card
Message 8 of 16
MzCharming
New Contributor

Congrats!

Trying to get there... About to take my credit repair to the next letter!

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 9 of 16
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

Congrats JJ! Awsomme news...Smiley Happy

Loans:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.