Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal

Your LUCKY! I applied today and I was declined for both CC and Auto Refi.... =(

Message 32 of 40
ciacbw
Valued Member

Surprising to hear that. Cc and loc right away. Refi yes but need to get ltv down. You should recon. They're friendly.
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ciacbw wrote:
Surprising to hear that. Cc and loc right away. Refi yes but need to get ltv down. You should recon. They're friendly.

I sent a secure message asking for a recon I hope this works mannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I had called earlier today but they told me if I had a co-signer maybe I'll get approved for auto. When I spoke to CC dept after she gave me the run around I asked if someone can take another look at my application and she put me on hold to speak to loan processing or something and came back to say they said I have to wait for the denial letter to come in the mail and then follow the appeal steps listed in letter.

Hope this email thing works ** Fingers Crossed **

Message 34 of 40
ciacbw
Valued Member

SM apparently the best way to go. Good luck!
Message 35 of 40
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ciacbw wrote:

I had called earlier today but they told me if I had a co-signer maybe I'll get approved for auto. When I spoke to CC dept after she gave me the run around I asked if someone can take another look at my application and she put me on hold to speak to loan processing or something and came back to say they said I have to wait for the denial letter to come in the mail and then follow the appeal steps listed in letter.

Your EQ score is a little low for a CC, but a recon can't hurt.

I would apply for the nRewards secured card and eventually that will open doors for you to all of their credit products. You'll build a positive history and be able to earn rewards - which is unusual for a secured card. Many of us have been there (still there) - you have to start somewhere. After a year of payments, you'll be in a totally different place. That's what I did and was able to get unsecured cards after a year of perfect payment history.

Also, are there any derogs on your profile you can address to help raise your score?

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ciacbw wrote:

Your EQ score is a little low for a CC, but a recon can't hurt.

I would apply for the nRewards secured card and eventually that will open doors for you to all of their credit products. You'll build a positive history and be able to earn rewards - which is unusual for a secured card. Many of us have been there (still there) - you have to start somewhere. After a year of payments, you'll be in a totally different place. That's what I did and was able to get unsecured cards after a year of perfect payment history.

Also, are there any derogs on your profile you can address to help raise your score?

My Utl is very high, I am going to make big payments to help bring them down.... I have a merrick bank CC 1200 limit 1180 bal and capone secure 201 limit 190 bal... I also have bk7 from 2010...lots of inqs.....I think one CO and like two small collections which I am tyring to dispute for Verizon through midland...

Message 37 of 40
ciacbw
Valued Member

Still thought they'd approve. Hmm
Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recvd a msg back from the secured site and was told to call and I am on the phone wiht them and they put through another application and I was declined for 16.79%. however if they approve my appeal that will more than likely be the rate...I should know something by the morning. Shoot that rate is still less than what I have now but at least I can build some history for NFCU and some months down the line I can do an internal refi....

@ciacbw wrote:
Still thought they'd approve. Hmm

Message 39 of 40
ciacbw
Valued Member

I bet they approve you and good luck!

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.