Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal n rewards card denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy federal n rewards card denied.

Keep your head up. It take no time at all for us to ruin our credit, but the road to recovery is long and painful, if it wasn't we would never learn our lesson and correct our mistakes. 

Message 11 of 17
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I believe that I can do this. This credit

Stuff is crazy. We have to have credit to survive.

The process seems so long and hard. I will keep trying. 

its not that hard, you just have to have a plan and stick to it.  your objective is to raise your scores so you can get with better lenders and get higher cls.  what is holding your scores back right now?  bads, util or both...do not app for anything else, you already have too many starter cards imo and do not app for any store cards.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am above 70% uti. I have a 300 wf, 600 co, 500,cap 1, and nyncomp 650 , just got that increase last week from them from 200.00. I have 2 recent collections on transunion, 1 on equifax and none on experian.
Message 13 of 17
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am above 70% uti. I have a 300 wf, 600 co, 500,cap 1, and nyncomp 650 , just got that increase last week from them from 200.00. I have 2 recent collections on transunion, 1 on equifax and none on experian.

pay off everything and use only the c1 steps card.  max and pif, max and pif as often as you can.  see if you can do a pfd on the collections.  never be late or miss a payment ever again.  there you have it.

edit:  oh, 2 years ago my scores were yours and I had a single $ 300 c1 steps card.  as I said, its not hard. don't carry a balance and never ever be late and good things will happen to you.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on doing what you suggested. Will keep you guys posted. I did notice that they hp's twice on transunion according to update from credit karma
Any idea why they would hit me like that?
Message 15 of 17
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I plan on doing what you suggested. Will keep you guys posted. I did notice that they hp's twice on transunion according to update from credit karma
Any idea why they would hit me like that?

there are lots of ways to rebuild and all yield different results for everyone.  To me personally and from what I have read, nothing comes close to C1 and NFCU for rebuilding.  They are leaders in dealing with damaged credit.  I am in the 700s but they are still weak scores because I have flaws behind the #s.  an individual with a strong mid-700 score can usually bag any card they want and get a sl north of 35K.  #s are only part of the equation.  If you focus on just C1 and max/pif I am sure good will come of it in time.  You getting hit 2x for nfcu is right, once for the app and once for the card.  if you contact them you might be able to get them to remove one.  Might.  Pay off your cards, treat them with respect.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter said that they did not use credit score from a consumer 

Report. Rather used a proprietary  navy federal score. My score was

196. The score is a number that reflects  information  in my consumer

report.  My navy federal score was 196 out of 450. 

Key factors adversely  affected  my score

Number of inquiries

Utilization in last 3 months

Number of delinquent  credit in past or present

Utilization of bankcard credit in last 12 months

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.