FICO doesn't like to see all your CC reporting a 0 balance. Have at least one report at 9% or less.
OP I sent you a PM with the Time Warner Cable CEO email address maybe you could send a GW and have them request that the CA remove the $17 entry.
Thanks! Would this work even if the 17.00 collection is with a collection agency??
When I contacted the CEO my account was in collections with a CA. I had a callback within 2 hours after sending the email. Just explain your situation in the email..They were very helpful. I paid the account and they had the CA deleted within 2 weeks.
OK, I sent the email to the CEO. Thank you! It's Saturday, so I guess I would know if it works on Monday! I hope so!!
Couple of things...
First, do not apply for any credit cards or anything right now or before you close, that will only hurt your score. The inquiry will hurt you and then the brand new account will make your Average Age of Accounts lower.
Second, how old are the open accounts that you have? How old was the account that you are disputing? When you dispute an account, I believe it takes it out of being factored into the score while in dispute, and even though it was a negative account, the fact that it old may not have been hurting your score and could actually have been helping it by giving you a longer Average Age of Accounts. Which bureaus did you dispute it with? Ive found that some are very quick to do their investigations, like a week or less, while others take up to 30 days.
It was a collection with Time Warner for 17.00. I never even heard about it. I had switched to Direct TV and apparently, had a balance with TW. I would have never avoided 17 .00 bucks. Ugh.
I probably just blew it. I just went and disputed a few other things on my report. I guess I will see tomorrow if it hurts me. I haven't applied for anything new. I just cannot believe that 4 points is going to make or break me. I did notice that my Visa Card upped my limit last month from 500.00 to 700.00. It doesn't show that new limit on my report. I would think that might be worth a few points. Time is the problem here. We should be applying for the loan and getting the appraisal by now. And because of my score we haven't done that yet. So, I either have to get the score up right now, or back out. I don't want to back out. I have to move, the house I currently rent is up for sale, so either way I have to move. The prices are climbing quickly and I can only qualify for 365,000. The home I have in escrow is 345,000. One just like it was sold to a cash buyer last week for 355,000. j
4 stinking points. Ugh.
I do have a few 30 day lates and one student loan with a few 90 day lates in the last few years, both of those accounts have a zero balance.
Why did you go an dispute a bunch of items after the loan officer said not to? From my understanding, you cannot have any accounts under dispute when applying for a mortgage, you will not get approved if you do, you'll need to wait until they are no longer in dispute to continue I believe.