Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 6 points on equifax mtg score for USDA Direct loan

tag
tlavery
Contributor

Re: Need 6 points on equifax mtg score for USDA Direct loan

The $8k card was opened 01/2017 and the $13.5k card was opened 02/2015.
Message 11 of 21
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Look at each account and see what the balances are and if there are any lates.
Message 12 of 21
tlavery
Contributor

There are fortunately no lates.  The $8k CL card has a balance of $6277 and the $13.5k CL has a $0 balance.  From what I can see I think they may only be reporting to Equifax which is the mortgage score I am trying to raise.  If I can verify it is only being reported to equifax should I dispute the $8k card?  It was just opened in January, so the average age of accounts should go up a little and that will Get rid of the 78% utilization.  What is your suggestion?

Message 13 of 21
tlavery
Contributor

I just got to look at the experian report because I closed some disputes and it does not show either of those AU accounts.  Credit Karma does not show them on transunion either, so they are only showing up on equifax. Transunion has not posted the Capital Back secured card either, so hopefully once that posts that will boost the 600 mortgage score a bit.

Message 14 of 21
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Don't dispute it yet, that can mess up the mortgage application. Call the 8k card company and see if they can remove you from the card.
Message 15 of 21
tlavery
Contributor

Just signed up with experian and the AU accounts are not reported there.  Only on experian.  But it does show my utilization at a total of 15% for both secured cards, so paying the annual fees (which are the only reason there are balances on these brand new cards) will help right?  And only carrying a balance on one under 9% correct?

Message 16 of 21
tlavery
Contributor

I called Barclays Bank and they can not locate the account unless I know the primary card holder.  They suggested I call back when my husband can be on the call and they will transfer us to a department who can investigate it.  I sure hope that the tradelines coma-any did this......it sure would be simpler to fix.

Message 17 of 21
tlavery
Contributor

Ok, the $8k balance card had been removed!! But I only got 3 points Smiley Sad I still need a minimum of 3 points to go. Any suggestions?
Message 18 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just a reminder that we're not permitted to discuss or advocate buying or selling trade lines on myFICO.

A few posts have been removed from the thread... any further questions regarding this can be directed to myself or another moderator via PM.  Please do not address it any further in the thread.

--UB

Message 19 of 21
mauirain
Valued Member

Confused..first you say your husband, then you say your wife???
Sorry..just wondering..
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.