Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need A Lot of HELP info to rebuild my credit

tag
BeMerry
Established Member

Need A Lot of HELP info to rebuild my credit

Hello everyone,

I need to get my life in order and rebuild my credit. I need advice on how to rebuild my credit. Due to illness and loss of job, my life went down him a few years ago and I am trying to fix everything now. I need to build my credit because I have dreams of leaving a life debt free and never worry again about denials due to my poor credit.

Here is the info in my credit report.

As of right now....Fico Score 533, EX 568, EQ 572 and TU 572

I became current on all my debts and I am trying to pay off as soon as possible:

1) 1 CA has 4 medical collections on their file But 1 is already paid in full. I tried talking to them but they say that they can't delete from my credit report because is against their policy.

2) 2 Medical Collections (PAiD OFF this month and they said they would delete from the credit bureaus. I am waiting for the update)

3) 3 Credit cards ( on payment plan)

4) 1 Amex from 2007. Paid, charge off

Since I don't have any credit cards. I was able to get a secured capital one card ($99 deposit for a $200 credit line). I just got the card in the end of January. the card does not show on my credit report yet. They said, they would report on March 11th. I have been using 30% or less in the card and paying in full every friday.

Please, myfico credit gurus help me out. Any advice on how to get out of this big mess as soon as possible would be great.

p.s.: I'm aware this process wouldn't be overnight Smiley Happy

thank you all in advance!

Starting Score: 533
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 650

Gardening Since 04.19.14
Capital One Secured $200 | VS $250 | JCREW $250 | MACU Secured $300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Need A Lot of HELP info to rebuild my credit

You can try using HIPAA for the paid medical bills. You'll have to Google it or ask someone to IM you the process. I'm not familiar with the process or I'd send you the info itself. Gdale will be along shortly....probably. best of luck to you.
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@BeMerry wrote:

Hello everyone,

I need to get my life in order and rebuild my credit. I need advice on how to rebuild my credit. Due to illness and loss of job, my life went down him a few years ago and I am trying to fix everything now. I need to build my credit because I have dreams of leaving a life debt free and never worry again about denials due to my poor credit.

I became current on all my debts and I am trying to pay off as soon as possible:

1) 1 CA has 4 medical collections on their file But 1 is already paid in full. I tried talking to them but they say that they can't delete from my credit report because is against their policy. Use the HIPPA Process for these, its worth the shot.

2) 2 Medical Collections (PAiD OFF this month and they said they would delete from the credit bureaus. I am waiting for the update) Good on PFD

Since I don't have any credit cards. I was able to get a secured capital one card ($99 deposit for a $200 credit line). I just got the card in the end of January. the card does not show on my credit report yet. They said, they would report on March 11th. I have been using 30% or less in the card and paying in full every friday.

Please, myfico credit gurus help me out. Any advice on how to get out of this big mess as soon as possible would be great.

The colleections & payment plan cards are what is hurting you here.  What you can do you have already done (the secured card), I would get another one. There is something you can do locally which would be get in with a CU and see if they would be willing to issue you an unsecured card, CUs are always more forgiving over banks. I would continue to work on getting the CAs all taken care of. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
BeMerry
Established Member

@randyrhodes wrote:
You can try using HIPAA for the paid medical bills. You'll have to Google it or ask someone to IM you the process. I'm not familiar with the process or I'd send you the info itself. Gdale will be along shortly....probably. best of luck to you.

Thank you. I will try to find info on HIPAA

Gardening Since 04.19.14

Message 4 of 5
BeMerry
Established Member

@gdale6 wrote:

@BeMerry wrote:

Hello everyone,

1) 1 CA has 4 medical collections on their file But 1 is already paid in full. I tried talking to them but they say that they can't delete from my credit report because is against their policy. Use the HIPPA Process for these, its worth the shot.

2) 2 Medical Collections (PAiD OFF this month and they said they would delete from the credit bureaus. I am waiting for the update) Good on PFD

The colleections & payment plan cards are what is hurting you here.  What you can do you have already done (the secured card), I would get another one. There is something you can do locally which would be get in with a CU and see if they would be willing to issue you an unsecured card, CUs are always more forgiving over banks. I would continue to work on getting the CAs all taken care of. Good luck Smiley Happy

Thanks gdale6. Do you have an example of HIPPA ? If yes, could you please send it to me. All the payments are overwhelming and I had to get in a payment plan in order to pay them off. However, I am using the debit snowball plan in order to pay them off faster and it's working. My medical collections are very high and unfortunately I don't make a lot of money and I am already working 50-55 hours per week. 

I have an account with a credit union. I am going to try to talk to them. My credit is so low that I am even afraid of asking for an unsecured card But I will try. Thanks for all the information.

Gardening Since 04.19.14

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.