Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice Please

So here's the deal:

I have an old collection account from Verizon thats being reported on all three of my credit files. Also, the same Verizon account is being reported by Midland Funding. This account is due to drop off my credit file no later than July 2013. What should be my course of action to get all accounts deleted from my credit reports?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Advice Please

Verizon is pretty hard to get deleted....I don't have any personal experience but just look at some threads (most recently duncanrr's) and the seem like a tough cookie to crack.

Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, those are both cookies to crack.  Good news is they don't have much longer to stay on there, they're really old.  You could try a PFD.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of asking for a PFD, but I don't want to contact them only to have the account updated and push back my SOL.

Message 4 of 8
GoBigRed
New Contributor

what state are you in? does contacting CA renew the SOL?

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Offering to pay with contingencies, such as CR deletion, is not a firm offer to pay, and would not reset the SOL on that basis.

If both the OC and a debt collector are reporting, you offer PFD to one, and after the debt is satisfied, request GW deletion from the other.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in the state of Kentucky. I really want this account deleted. It's the last collection I have showing on my reports. I just want to take the best course of action. 

Message 7 of 8
noochski
Contributor

Last year I successfully got Midland to delete and old Verizon account from my CRs. I told them that I had no knowledge of any unpaid balance and had never received notification that my Verizon account was going to collections. After about 5 minutes of back and forth they agreed to a PFD. I paid the agreed upon amount and they removed it from all 3 CRs within 10 days or so.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.