Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice/Suggestions - Rebuilding

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Need Advice/Suggestions - Rebuilding

So for some time now I've bene rebuilding my credit and just recently got my Fico score up to 640 (from 626 1 year ago). The highest it's been within 1 year has been 644 back in September of 2013. The numbers always jump but after paying off a card in full, it finally jumped back up.

Anyway, I'm wondering what I need to really jump higher (possible to high 600s to 700). I'm also looking for some advice on an account in collections and some that are showing as possibly negative. Here's a breakdown of my info (pulled from Experian):

11 Accounts in Good Standing:

Barclays Bank - Open/Never late. (Opened 10/2013)

Capital One - Open/Never late. (Opened 4/2012)

Federal Loan Servicing Credit - Open/Never late. Deferred, payments begin Jun 2014 (Opened 11/2006)

Federal Loan Servicing Credit - Open/Never late. Deferred, payments begin Nov 2014 (Opened 1/2014)

Macys - Open/Never late. (Opened 6/2013)

Merrick  Bank - Open/Never Late (Opened 5/2013)

Wells Fargo Education Financial - Closed/Never late (Opened 9/2009)

Wells Fargo Education Financial - Closed/Never late (Opened 10/2009)

Federal Loan Servicing Credit - Open/Never late. Deferred, payments begin Nov 2014 (Opened 1/2014)

GEMB/Old Navy - Paid, Closed/Never late (Opened 3/2003)

HSBC Bank - Paid, Closed/Never late (Opened 4/2005)

Potentially Negative Items:

Federal Loan Servicing Credit - Open. Deferred, payments begin Jun 2014 (Same as one mentioned in good standing)

In 2012 the following late payments Jan 150 days, Dec 120 days, Nov 90 days, Oct 60 days since then either says OK or no data (ND)

This account is also listed twice...not sure why? Date Opened dates are a month a part yt the account number looks to be the same as well as the payment deliquency dates

First Premier Bank

Charge Off as of Aug 2013, Dec 2010, May 2010, Apr 2010 
90 days past due as of Mar 2010 
60 days past due as of Feb 2010 
30 days past due as of Jan 2010

Account paid in full for less than full balance

Williams & Fudge 

Original Creditor - Education Solutions LLC

Account History: 
Collection as of Dec 2013 to Mar 2014, Oct 2013, Sep 2013, Jul 2013, Jan 2013 to Jun 2013, Nov 2012, Oct 2012, Aug 2012, Aug 2011 to Jul 2012, Dec 2010 to Jun 201

Collection account. $3,336 past due as of Mar 2014.

I have two cards that I recently applied for and was approved for (CapOne Quicksilver and Discover It [secured]) These are not showing on my report yet since they have been opened with in the last week.

So...besides the student loans that are currently open (all federal loans) and will remain open/deffered since I'm currently in school and have a few years left, all I have are the following credit cards open:

Barclays - $500 Limit

CapOne Plat - $500 Limit

CapOne QS - $500 Limit

Discover It - $300 Limit

Merrick Bank - $1000 Limit

Macys - $250

One big concern is obviosuly the Collections account. Should I call and settle? 

Any overall advice or suggestions about how I can improve my overall score and how badly those late are hurting would be greatly appreicated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Advice/Suggestions - Rebuilding

Hello,

Welcome. I can say that Fedloan servicing are very good to work with and understand. Give them a call and see if you can discuss maybe clearing up the lates. Good luck with that. 

And as far as the collection offer a pay for delete if anything. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Thanks Whitneyy. I'll look into that. Have you had personal success with FedLoan? 

Message 3 of 6
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

those new accounts need some more aging 11 positive accounts is really good though! If you're paying your student loans I'd try sending them some goodwill letters to see if they will consider removing the lates from your history. As for collection account, it sort of depends on what your long and short term goals are. I can tell you that being paid or not will likely not make a difference in your score, but it will help your case when applying for a mortgage or other credit. If your UTL is high that certainly has a large effect on your score. 

first premiere bank will probably be a pain in the butt, however still consider sending them a good will letter for delete. 

just my opinions Smiley Wink

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 6
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Thanks buildafico. What are the advantages/disadvantages of paying that collection Account? Will it ever drop since its from an education loan?

Message 5 of 6
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Also, if anyone reads this and can't contribute but happens to have a GW contact for Fed Loan Servicing, I'd love for you to share if you're willing Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.