cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice! URGENT! OC will be calling me back in a few minutes!!

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Need Advice! URGENT! OC will be calling me back in a few minutes!!

Ok so here is the deal. 

I am in phone contact with high up’s at American General right now. 

I had an American General account that had a LOT of lates. 

It was opened in 2001Paid in full in 2005 

TU DOLA September 2005 

EQ DOLA June 2004 

Current status is 120 past due on BOTH EQ and TU!!!!!  ( I believe it should read current/paid/closed) 

They refused over and over my request to GW 

They are telling me that it is reading 120 past due because they stopped reporting in 2005 (and 2004 for EQ) when the account WAS 120 past due. 

After that time I DID get current and pay it in full to them. It NEVER went to collections. 

It will fall off my CR’s in June 2011 and September 2013 after the 7 years is up.

I will be stuck with the late payments showing and it will not be updated to a PAID/CLOSED status ever. BUT!!!!!! If I ask them to REPORT it again, it will re-age the account (7 more years from today),  BUT it will also help with my limited AAOA!    WHAT DO I DO?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Advice! URGENT! OC will be calling me back in a few minutes!!

@oneboss302 wrote:

Ok so here is the deal. 

I am in phone contact with high up’s at American General right now. 

I had an American General account that had a LOT of lates. 

It was opened in 2001Paid in full in 2005 

TU DOLA September 2005 

EQ DOLA June 2004 

Current status is 120 past due on BOTH EQ and TU!!!!!  ( I believe it should read current/paid/closed) 

They refused over and over my request to GW 

They are telling me that it is reading 120 past due because they stopped reporting in 2005 (and 2004 for EQ) when the account WAS 120 past due. 

After that time I DID get current and pay it in full to them. It NEVER went to collections. 

It will fall off my CR’s in June 2011 and September 2013 after the 7 years is up.

I will be stuck with the late payments showing and it will not be updated to a PAID/CLOSED status ever. BUT!!!!!! If I ask them to REPORT it again, it will re-age the account (7 more years from today),  BUT it will also help with my limited AAOA!    WHAT DO I DO?

Ok, you must realize that just because you had lates....then caught up, that does NOT make those lates go away.  I know it's a PITA, but it is what it is. 

Was this account a loan???  CC?  Does it show as a CO on your reports?  BOTH CR's should show the same late days...do they?

How IS this acct reported???

It will NOT be another 7 years!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 08-12-2009 06:14 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.