Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice about some accounts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice about some accounts.

I have been working on rebuilding my credit since the beginning of this year and have made great stride in doing so but I have come across a road block. I have a collection I paid off last year on my report that is reporting as paid but I believe its still a black mark on my report. I was stupid originally and never asked for a PFD. So my question is, how can I get these marks deleted from my report?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Need Advice about some accounts.

Welcome to the forum. How old are the tradelines?  You can still write a letter asking the creditor or collection agency to delete the tradeline. 
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I pulled a report from experian back in March of this year it stated it was opened on Feb 07.

Other then this one derog from Asset Acceptance (was a DELL Fina Account) I have my nelnet student loan being reported as a collection/charged off which I am wondering if I can fight it since its no longer in collections and have been paying nelnet for over 2 years now on time yet they don't report it (listing hasn't been reported since 04). The problem is that the recent listing shows a different account number through Truecredit (monitor my report through them) then the report I pulled from Experian earlier this year.

Last question is, do closed accounts with $0 balance hurt my report? I had my CC stolen and when reported my CC Company just closed my account and reopened another with the same balance, my Report shows it as closed and paid with good standing on a $0 balance. The same with my Car Finance through credit after trading it in for a new car last year.

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a similar isssue as well- old accounts seem to be holding my score low. In addition, I'm not very familiar with the acronyms everyone uses. Current score in the 680-700 range (among the different reporting agencies) because of old (Dec. '05) missed pmts on some credit cards. I went through a "consolidation" service, all the creditors closed the accounts and I a) never missed another payment and b) paid all the accounts off within 18 months. No missed pmts since then but my score hasn't improved. Totally debt free since 2007. Need a credit card occasionally so I applied for one and was turned down. What can I do?
Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

closed accounts that were paid satisfactorily will not hurt you.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Real issue is how to diminish impact of '05 delinquencies on credit cars accounts closed by issuers. Can I request an update or to have the record removed? Been 4 years now since I've missed any payments and I have no debt currently. Current scores in the 680-700 range but was recently declined for a credit card. Wd like to increase score so  Any advice?

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FICO is a risk analysis of your chances for future default.  It is not an analysis of your full credit picture.  Prior derogs on any account are a primary indicator of future risk, and least in the FICO models.

Accordingly, prior derogs on monthly OC account debts and previously reported charge offs or collections do not drop based on subsequent payment of the debt, and remain for FICO scoring purposes for 7 years from each prior OC account monthly delinqency or 7 1/2 years from date of first default on the orginal creditor account for any collection that was resported, even if the collection is paid.

You can only ask for goodwill deletion, but that is totally at the option of the creditor or CA.  Their is no way to "get" them deleted without goodwill consent of the creditor.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.