msweets7

Need Advice on Getting funds for Business and Repairing My Credit

Back in 2003 I got into a financial jam and destroyed my credit. All my credit cards got charged off and I turned my car in. After turning my car in the company filed a lawsuit and won a default judgement because I didn't appear in court. Long Story short I paid all my accounts off so I'm debt free. The judgement I have on my credit says sastified and I have about 3-4 chargeoffs that are negative but paid in full. Thankfully I managed to keep my Macys card which is my oldest account and reports positively but they no longer reports the credit limit so I'm stuck without available credit. I recently applied for a Orchard Bank Credit Card and was approved for a unsecured card with a $500 credit limit. This new account has helped me pull my score with myfico to a 615 now.( equifax). I sent a letter into the judge requesting a motion to vacate and have my fingers crossed to see if they will award that to me. In the meantime I'm trying to see what else I can do to get my credit score up. I applied for a secured bank of america last september and a business credit card with them as well and was declined. The past few months I was relying on a FAKO score of equifax which told me my credit score was a 674. I didn't even realize how bad my credit score was. I'm trying to apply for a house sometime close to summer May/June. The credit score min has grown to 650 with most banks and 620 with a VA/HUD loan program but that get's you the worst rates. I also have a business which I need funds for but can't get approved with a score this low. Any advice would be helpful. I know credit repair is normally a lengthly process but I'm hoping to gain some tips to get my score up fast.

Need Business Loan around $10,000 and Home Loan around $250,000

Goal MyFico Score 680 and up

Established Member
Ed_in_NJ

Re: Need Advice on Getting funds for Business and Repairing My Credit

Unless you have a long, established business with profitability and excellent credit references dating back 2-3 years...obtaining business credit in this climate is a near impossibility.  You may stand a better chance in obtaining credit directly with the creditors with whom you need to purchase business supplies/materials/inventory/etc.  

Borrow from friends and Family.  Even if it's $1,000 from 10 different people.  Provide them an actual contract for the loan, with interest...and include a repayment schedule.  That is your BEST bet.

Home Loan: keep working on your credit.  Try to get some of the baddies deleted.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}