Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on Old Foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice on Old Foreclosure

I've got a foreclosure from ASC due to come off my reports in April of 2016. They haven't updated it with the CRA's since 2010. Is there any way to try to remove this now, or do I just have to wait for it to drop off my reports?

I'm unfortunately in a position where I need to move in the next few months, and right now it's cheaper to pay a mortgage than it is to rent around here. I really need this gone as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Advice on Old Foreclosure

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got a foreclosure from ASC due to come off my reports in April of 2016. They haven't updated it with the CRA's since 2010. Is there any way to try to remove this now, or do I just have to wait for it to drop off my reports?

I'm unfortunately in a position where I need to move in the next few months, and right now it's cheaper to pay a mortgage than it is to rent around here. I really need this gone as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

You could ask for a goodwill deletion but with it not updating since 2010 I think I would just leave it be, if it updates now its going to give you a good Fico score drop. You can ask for the early exclusion 6 months in advance of its scheduled drop date with TU and 2-3 months in advance with the other 2 CRAs.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

You could ask for a goodwill deletion but with it not updating since 2010 I think I would just leave it be, if it updates now its going to give you a good Fico score drop. You can ask for the early exclusion 6 months in advance of its scheduled drop date with TU and 2-3 months in advance with the other 2 CRAs.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

This is what i feared. I didn't want them to suddenly update again. I just want it gone. I thought maybe there would be a way to do that, especially since they don't seem to care much about the account at this point. But...I guess I'll just have to wait. Uggggggh!

Thanks for the advice gdale6.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, a foreclosure that old is probably not going to be held against you by a lender. Its been stated many times here that you can get an FHA loan 24 months out from a foreclosure.

If scores are your concern, I doubt the old foreclosure is the biggest thing holding you back. More likely its recent items/lates or a weak positive profile holding score down. Can you give us an idea of your overall profile?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections:

• Verizon - reporting as open paid collection account with $0 balance and never late (they sent me a bill to an old address after I closed the account and thought I'd settled all outstanding charges...bastards!), not set to come off until 2020
  • Pinnacle - paid collection account (from a line a friend had on my account...sigh), not set to come off until 2018
  • FFCC paid collection (old medical bill), they have agreed to delete; waiting for CRA's to update (patience is not my strong suit)

My other baddies are:

• DTE (utility) closed account, 1 60-day late in 2009 and 1 30-day late in 2010 - opened 04/1997, closed 8/2014
  • America's Servicing foreclosure, they haven't reported on it since 11/2010, and it's due to drop off 04/2016
  • Santander car loan, had a string (5 total) of 30-day lates and one 60-day late in 2013 ($1804/$15,415), paid on time since - opened 12/2012

Open and current:

• OCWEN Loan Servicing mortgage account - hasn't reported since 2006 but shows "pays as agreed" so I'm not complaining
  • Ally Financial auto loan ($18,648/$19,166) - opened 02/2015
  • NFCU nRewards secured card ($0 bal/$500 limit) - opened 1/2015
  • Avenue (Comenity) CC ($0/$400) - opened 4/2015
  • Kohls (Capital One) CC ($0/$300) - opened 4/2015
  • Discover CC ($50/$800) - opened 4/2015

4 HP's on EQ and EX, and 10 HP's on TU (because of the car loan in February)

And that's pretty much my story as it stands right now

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're acually doing really well, considering your current revolving accounts are so new. As those accounts age your scores will rise. I can see 700 in the coming year easily.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a patient person. I feel like I should be doing something to make it happen quicker.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not a patient person. I feel like I should be doing something to make it happen quicker.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Unfortunately, patience is an integral part of "playing" this game. A lot of the scoring is age based, and there simply is no substitute for time. In the meantime I would suggest working on the newest derog first - thats whats going to move your scores the most.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NormanFH wrote:

Unfortunately, patience is an integral part of "playing" this game. A lot of the scoring is age based, and there simply is no substitute for time. In the meantime I would suggest working on the newest derog first - thats whats going to move your scores the most.

I was going to make an attempt at GW removal of those Santander lates. I figure I might have some bit of leverage since they totaled the car and I'm a few months ahead in payments. I don't think I have anything to lose, right?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to make an attempt at GW removal of those Santander lates. I figure I might have some bit of leverage since they totaled the car and I'm a few months ahead in payments. I don't think I have anything to lose, right?

Careful with that - you might want to verify that with Santander. I totaled my Durango in 2012, and figured since they just got 7K worth of payments from my insurance, I must be "ahead" so I can pay this last $700 off over the next few months, at $100 bucks per month...right? Nope. I've now got a 30, a 60, a 90 and three 120's on that account. Thanks, Nationwide....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.