Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on how to word Consumer Statement to my Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice on how to word Consumer Statement to my Credit Report

Guys I've recently been through bankruptcy.  Long story short, my business partner used my good credit to buy a whole bunch of houses we could not afford.  He lost his job yada yada yada....Well all the debt got discharged but having recently got approved for an auto loan, the guy was wondering what the hell happened to my credit because even though I had bought 4 pieces of property,  the loans kept getting transferred to other lenders and servicers throughtout the whole ordeal, adding a new derogatory mortgage account to my credit report each time, even though technically they  just transferred. 

I was wondering if I should add a consumer statement to my credit report to explain what happened, and how I should best word it.  I imagine my credit report still looks "messy" and red flaggy the way it is, and figure adding a statement explaining the situation might make it more palletable, and help any credit review process along in the future... any suggustions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice on how to word Consumer Statement to my Credit Report

Not an answer to your question, but the accounts that were sold/transferred should be marked as such on your CR.
Message Edited by sidewinder on 01-03-2010 07:18 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice on how to word Consumer Statement to my Credit Report

IMO, consumer statements have little, if any, real use.

They do not affect FICO in the least.  And when going through any loan which will have substantial underwriting and LO review, you can provide all the explanations directly, such as in mortgages.

IMO any CC or revolving credit decisions will not use or consider a consumer statement as a part of the decision.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.