cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on misreported 30 day late

tag
brannigan1

Need Advice on misreported 30 day late

One of the items I noticed wrong with my credit reports was a 30 day late mark in August 2007 on my mortgage. I know Ive never been close to being late on my mortgage. I emailed my servicer and they passed it to the credit report and disputes team. I simply told them I was never late in 2007 with any payment. I have bank statements etc to back that up.

So a few weeks go by and I get a letter stating "an adjustment is not warranted for the following reason: The July 2010 mortgage payment was accurately reported as over 30 days delinquet August 7, 2010"

My credit report shows only 1 late, from 2007. I disputed them on this point and I get a letter stating 2010??? My report has nothing on it across the board from 2010!

Here is my worry, I use the contradictory info to remove the late from 2007 and somehow they use their own misinformation and report a 30 day late for the more recent date.

I dont know how to proceed. I realize the 30 day from '07 probably has little impact at this point but we are looking to upgrade to a new home soon and I dont see why anything at all wrong should be in there to begin with. I dont need to lender to see that and bump my rate using that as a excuse.

Appreciate your input!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need Advice on misreported 30 day late

If you have cancelled checks, debits, etc from your bank showing you were never late in 2007 or 2010, I would get everything together and send them a direct dispute.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.