cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on what to do next.....to apply or not to apply.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice on what to do next.....to apply or not to apply.

I have a score of 596 and am getting the ball rolling to try to take of the baddies on my CR. I was recently approved for Walmart $700 and Cap1 platinum $300 my question is what should I try to apply for now or should I just let these cook for a while until I get some of the baddies off (10 to be exact)?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Advice on what to do next.....to apply or not to apply.

Now that you've gotten two positive lines I would begin to work on the negatives so that way once the cards start getting age you'll get CLIs that are based on your reports and score.

I always start with the smaller debt and the ones who are likely to PFD. I find those out by searching the forums of the collection agency at hand, name.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would advise making sure you are not opted-out, and thus let the creditors screen your file against their set qualification criteria.  Their inquiries to obtain listings of consumers who meet their criteria must be coded as soft pulls.

If you then receive an offer obtained via a CRA listing, the creditor must honor the offer if you then apply and are found to still meet their criteria.

A way to possibly shop for better cards without wasting hard inqiries......

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobertEG could you explain a little more what your talking about. This is all still new to me.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.