Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice

tag
delta98
Established Member

Need Advice

Hopefully someone can help me figure out how to take care of this account with the least additional damage to my FICO score.

This is the info as reported by TD Bank/Target

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Date closed [?]Loan type [?]Credit limit [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Status as of Nov, 2014 
Date opened Jan, 2008
Date of last activity  Feb, 2010
Date closed  May, 2010
Loan type Credit Card
Credit limit  $500
Largest past balance $866
Revolving Account
Individual Account
Department / Variety and Other Retail
Descriptions [?]
  • Account closed by credit grantor

past due balance $866Charged off as bad debt$866
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
I just got off the phone with them and I was told again that a PFD is not possible. I had previously written to them to request a PFD and was refused that request also. If I pay this in full how much damage will it do to my score at this point? Should I pay it or leave it? I want to purchase my first home in a few months and feel that FHA will require it to be paid but not sure if I should do it now or wait until it becomes a condition of the mortgage.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance in this matter

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Advice

Settle it, its updated in late 2014 so the damage to your Fico has already been done. You are correct it will be required to report paid off in order to close on your new mortgage. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.