Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice

So, like most people here I messed up my credit at the legal age and I am now paying for it. I need advice on how to proceed forward and repair my credit. In 2006 at the age of 18 I defaulted against a credit and my last known activity date is Jan 2007. They filed suit against me and won in Feb 2009. I am pretty sure they have sold the debt off to a collections agency but it still reports as 'Capitol One'. I have the money to pay in full. Do I call capitol one to arrange agreement? I really have no idea on how to handle any of this and alot of information I read online is discredited back and forth.. Please help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 2 of 5
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Advice

You can call cap1 that's what I did they told me who I needed to call to pay the debt . Took several phone calls to find who had it. Since it had been bought and sold several times.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is a judgement. Will paying off the owner of the debt now still show that the judgment has been cleared?
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Once it is paid off they have to show it is satisfied.  Call the owner of the debt and ask if they will vacate it after it is satisfied.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.