Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need Advice

@markybbb wrote:

To make it clear.. the best thing is to contact the OR to see if they can pull from collection account, and pay the OR in full instead for a delete off account.  If they OR cannot, then I should write a letter to see if the collection would do a delete it off my record for payment.  Then just keep paying our credit card bill on time.

Is that all I can do to rebuild it back?  I can't get a unsecured credit card or any type of loan.  I've heard cell phone, and utility bills do not report to the CRA unless you do not pay, so that won't help build my credit though I'm paying on time.

See if the OC will accept payment and pull the account back from the CA.  If they do that, the CA account will be deleted.

A question for you, you say these happened while you were in high school.  If you are 28 now, these should not even be reporting.  Do you know the DoFD of these accounts?

Message 11 of 14
markybbb

Well, it appears most of the ones I had in high school are not there.  I just got the original debt dates.. one was 2004, one was 2005, one was 2006, and two are 2007.

NCO MEDCLR, OPTIMA RECOVERY SERVICE, NCO FIN/09, BUSINESS REVENUE SYSTEM are the collection agencies.

Two are under $50 lol... so I would like to get them done with.

Starting Score: EQ: 477---Trans: 437
Current Score: EQ: 503---Trans: 537
Goal Score: Above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mauve wrote:

You ideally want all of the derogatory information deleted.  Your goal: get pay-for-deletes on any collections.  Get any lates deleted.  Keep revolving accounts open / reopen old ones and have the derogatory information deleted.  Once you have your report as clean as you can get it, if you have no revolving accounts, open one.  Secured (with a deposit) or unsecured both work.  keep utilization between 0-9%, both overall and on each account.

You had success with this Mauve.  I never even thought of something like that. Sounds like a great idea though.  Plz hit me back on this one... that's interesting.  Plus it helps your aaoa in the long run since the TL won't get deleted.

Message 13 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, it is possible to have a CC reopened. 

OP, if the OC will not work with you, first DV Midland, and if they validate, ask for a PFD.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.