Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advise for quick repair.

tag
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: Need Advise for quick repair.

@Lasardo wrote:

Even though a second card would likely boost your scores, I doubt it would give the boost you need before May, AND new credit before buying is never advisable, I would hold off until after you buy but talk to your LO. 

I would focus in on  your medical accounts, do a PFD and do it in writing, of course, the NO over the phone is likely a yes by mail. If you get a denial..,,..GW, GW, GW 

Additionally, I got a lot of NO's but when I paid some of my medical accounts, they were deleted.  If they are inexpensive it's worth a shot. 

Another great option to give you the boost you need is to become an authorized user on someone's account that has great credit.  I gained 45 points this way.....YMMV 

good luck 

Mine did, but then again the only baddie I really have on all three is  repo, I didn't have any revolving credit, and my student loans, and auto loan was pretty much on good terms for more than 2 years.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 20
mjf9730
Established Member

Does anyone know if the secured card utilization affects your scores?  I heard that it doesnt really count since its a secured card, but right now mines maxed.  If i got it down to 10% before the next time it reports, do you think it would help?

Message 12 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A secured card impacts your utilization the same as an unsecured.  Paying it down to 9% or under will help tremendously.

Message 13 of 20
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Agree with Guinness-
A secured card is recognized by the CB as a unsecured card, if its maxed it will hurt your scores incredibly, pay it down.
I went with 3 unsecured for 1 year and paid in full each month, I went from 554 to 728, (12/11-12/12) I let it cycle and report maxed every 3-4 months and paid in full before the due date to avoid a FC.
I now have a secured cc thru Citibank 0% interest for 18 months, $6500 CL..
Those offers will come before you know it.

Good luck
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 14 of 20
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Mjf9730-

Absolutely not, their score WILL NOT be affected.
I worked in credit cards for 7 years and have successfully fixed my credit and am buying my first home right now.

It works like this:
ask someone, preferably close to you to add you as an authorized user to their account(credit card).., when they receive the card they can dispose of it if they want which is what was done for me, even if you call the bank and ask for a card i.e., access to their account, you will be denied, only the primary account holder can do that. They need to have excellent credit because anything they do will affect your credit too but it is not reciprocated meaning you can not mess up their credit in anyway but again they can yours.
You will be reported every month to the credit bureau as an AU giving you what you may need.
For me it was credit history and available credit.
I was added to a new Amex 01/12 and gained 30 points overnight them I needed history so I was added as an AU on a WF account and gained another 15 points for a total of 45 points but OF COURSE, YMMV., it all depends on what you need exactly.
My score does fluctuate depending on what they do with their accounts., I.e., payments, charges etc.
2nd- when you go to purchase your home you will be asked to prove to the bank that you are not responsible for the payments.
My person gave bank statements showing THEY made the payments to Amex and WF.
I really hope this helps.
If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
Lasardo
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 15 of 20
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
Mjf9730-

Absolutely not, their score WILL NOT be affected.
I worked in credit cards for 7 years and have successfully fixed my credit and am buying my first home right now.

It works like this:
ask someone, preferably close to you to add you as an authorized user to their account(credit card).., when they receive the card they can dispose of it if they want which is what was done for me, even if you call the bank and ask for a card i.e., access to their account, you will be denied, only the primary account holder can do that. They need to have excellent credit because anything they do will affect your credit too but it is not reciprocated meaning you can not mess up their credit in anyway but again they can yours.
You will be reported every month to the credit bureau as an AU giving you what you may need.
For me it was credit history and available credit.
I was added to a new Amex 01/12 and gained 30 points overnight them I needed history so I was added as an AU on a WF account and gained another 15 points for a total of 45 points but OF COURSE, YMMV., it all depends on what you need exactly.
My score does fluctuate depending on what they do with their accounts., I.e., payments, charges etc.
2nd- when you go to purchase your home you will be asked to prove to the bank that you are not responsible for the payments.
My person gave bank statements showing THEY made the payments to Amex and WF.
I really hope this helps.
If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
Lasardo

I added myself to three AU accounts when I first started, it rose my score over 100 points, which allowed me to get my first unsecured card and my first secured card... I 100 percent agree with what Lasardo is saying..

All I am merely pointing out, is that myself, personally, who took out SPECIFICALLY a Wells Fargo mortgage, was told by my LO to remove the AU accounts before they will accept my scores..

Clearly YMMV, as many people have not had to do this!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 16 of 20
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

For those medical collections, dont pay the collector you need to pay the doctor. Once you have the Doc bill paid then you dispute the collections on your report and they will go away.

If you pay the collector, they will never delete it from your reports.

Message 17 of 20
mjf9730
Established Member

What can I do if the OC, the hospital, wont take my payment and tells me i have to pay the CA?

Message 18 of 20
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

sending pm.

Message 19 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

We aren't supposed to discuss or provide links about HIPAA.  You can send a private message. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.