Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Direction, Where do I begin???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Direction, Where do I begin???

First off, thank you to all who contribute to this Forum and helping others get back on track.

Let's Go....Problem:  Stuck in mid 600s across the board.  Been reading and have had some success with getting (2) EE from TU.  But need help with the next step.

Where do I begin??

1. (1)-Collection Account/CO- Comenity Bank/VS Paid Charge Off in 3/12, with all 3 CRA

2. (1)-Auto Loan paid off in 4/14  w/ 4 late payments (30 days past due) last late pay 9/12, with all 3 CRA

3. (2) Student loan that was transferred 4 times, Varies with all 3 CRA

A. Santa Barbara Savings/Student Loan, Date Of Last  Pay 6/10, multiple late pays

B. Texas Guaranteed/Student Loan, Paid Collection 2/13, multiple late pays

4. (5) CCs:

CAP1-1081/1300

CAP1-450/750

Crdt1-580/850

Merrick-800/1200

Zales- $0

(No missed payments since 2014)

5. (1) Unsecured Installment Loan NFCU, 500/1000, 12 mth Term....No missed payments

All reports state score effected by Late payments/derogatory indicators, collections,  and of course heavy use of revolving credit.

MYFICO  06/16  EQ 629  TU  628  EX  625

11/16  EQ 626  TU  651  EX  641

02/17  EQ 640  TU  651  EX  641 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Direction, Where do I begin???

@Anonymous wrote:

First off, thank you to all who contribute to this Forum and helping others get back on track.

Let's Go....Problem:  Stuck in mid 600s across the board.  Been reading and have had some success with getting (2) EE from TU.  But need help with the next step.

Where do I begin??

1. (1)-Collection Account/CO- Comenity Bank/VS Paid Charge Off in 3/12, with all 3 CRA

2. (1)-Auto Loan paid off in 4/14  w/ 4 late payments (30 days past due) last late pay 9/12, with all 3 CRA

3. (2) Student loan that was transferred 4 times, Varies with all 3 CRA

A. Santa Barbara Savings/Student Loan, Date Of Last  Pay 6/10, multiple late pays

B. Texas Guaranteed/Student Loan, Paid Collection 2/13, multiple late pays

4. (5) CCs:

CAP1-1081/1300

CAP1-450/750

Crdt1-580/850

Merrick-800/1200

Zales- $0

(No missed payments since 2014)

5. (1) Unsecured Installment Loan NFCU, 500/1000, 12 mth Term....No missed payments

All reports state score effected by Late payments/derogatory indicators, collections,  and of course heavy use of revolving credit.

MYFICO  06/16  EQ 629  TU  628  EX  625

11/16  EQ 626  TU  651  EX  641

02/17  EQ 640  TU  651  EX  641 

You UTI is high.  If altogether possible, UTI should be under 10%, preferably 1 account reporting UTI under 10% and the others reporting zero balances.  Also, the late pays are killing your scores.  You could always start a GW letter writing campaign to see if you could get them deleted.  COs, lates, and collections prevent one from achieving credit goals.  On the bright side, at least the lates from Santa Barbara will be off your reports in a few months. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks KayKay65,  I've been paying them down for sure! Slowly but surely.  I had read about disputing the late pays that are over the 7 yrs.  Not sure how much that will help.

I thought you could only do a GW letter for accounts that are still open?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks KayKay65,  I've been paying them down for sure! Slowly but surely.  I had read about disputing the late pays that are over the 7 yrs.  Not sure how much that will help.

I thought you could only do a GW letter for accounts that are still open?

I had a CO account that I did a GW letter on and was able to get it removed.  As always with OC and CA, YMMV in regards to removals, but it is always worth a try.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.