cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need HUGE Credit BUMP - Which Do I Pay Off First?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need HUGE Credit BUMP - Which Do I Pay Off First?

Hello again! I am sorry to keep posting. But I am trying to get this mess that I call my credit under control, once and for all. 

I am getting a smewhat large sum of money next month. I plan to put the majority of this money toward paying my CC's and loans. I was wondering if I should either:

A) Pay off one small balance on a CC completely ($389) , and the majority of another ($1500) or

B) Pay 3 CC's down to around 47% usage.

In both cases, I would be paying a little over the minimum on my other 4 to five 5 cards that have larger balances. I am wondering which approach would be best in terms of getting the largest bump in my credit score. Any thoughts and insight would be awesome! 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need HUGE Credit BUMP - Which Do I Pay Off First?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello again! I am sorry to keep posting. But I am trying to get this mess that I call my credit under control, once and for all. 

I am getting a smewhat large sum of money next month. I plan to put the majority of this money toward paying my CC's and loans. I was wondering if I should either:

A) Pay off one small balance on a CC completely ($389) , and the majority of another ($1500) or

In both cases, I would be paying a little over the minimum on my other 4 to five 5 cards that have larger balances. I am wondering which approach would be best in terms of getting the largest bump in my credit score. Any thoughts and insight would be awesome! 

From what I have seen on this forum is to have all cards report 0 but one.  That one should report 9% of the limit for the card.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need HUGE Credit BUMP - Which Do I Pay Off First?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I have seen on this forum is to have all cards report 0 but one.  That one should report 9% of the limit for the card.

That makes sense and I will be happy once I get to that point! I suppose my main concern is what I should do in the mean time do get as large of a spike in my score as possible. I have to apply for an auto loan in the next 3-4 months. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.