Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help, CA violation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help, CA violation?

Hello. i am currently rebuilding my credit score to buy a house sometime this year. I have a charged off debt from 2005 that got sent to collections. I was delinquent for 3 months and then I paid 800 dollars from 1450 to keep it current. When they sent us a letter that says I still owed 1450 I got mad and didnt pay. I was still young and didnt really know how important credit is. I was irresponsibble at the time. Well now I think my 7 years is up on the account.I have been paying my bills off and on the beggining of january I got my free 3 credit report. I did not see any negative marks. I signed up for the credit bureus $1 for 7 day trial, and after a couple days later I got a negative mark.  It was from CVF Consumer AQuisition Company. It says that the account was opened on 8/11. I was never notified. It says that I hae been derogatory. i disputed that i was never notified of the collection account. They were all under collection account on all reports.Then one was moved to installment accounts report, and the other into closed negative accounts. The date says it was opened on 8/11 and that I was delinquent since then. It did not state that I was from the 2005. Also on one account It was closed with a term of 1month fo installment, delinquent, and being charged off into collections. Note that this was already the collection account. Are they trying to re-age my debt, and put negative marks and giving me another charged off mark on my report? Any advice? Any help would be appreciated. I can give more information if you want. My dispute is still pend.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
zhenxinqian
Contributor

Re: Need Help, CA violation?

Let me know how your dispute works out. My DH had the same CA pop up on his CR in Jan as well, with the same date open of 8/11. I've counted over 30 people that have had the same issue from different forums about credit. 

I know a few people have sent PFD, and CVF removed the reporting but sent a validation letter to the consumer. 

I've sent numerous DVs about 3 weeks ago and just about every other day since and I've still heard nothing from them. I've also disputed with all three CRBs. I truely believe this isn't my DH's debt though.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 600ish
Current Score: 638 Myfico EQ!
Goal Score: 640 by March 1st, 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The 8/11 date is the date they reported as the open date for their collection.  An open date for a collection is unrelated to the open date of the OC account.

Nothing improper in reporting an open date for a collection that is long after the date the OC account is closed.  It is not really relevant to continued inclusion of the collection in your CR.

The controlling date is what is called the date of first delinquency (DOFD) on the OC account.  That is the date of the first delinquency in the chain of delinquencies that immediately preceded the charge-off and the collection referral.  Both the charge-off reported by the OC and the collection reported by the debt collector will be excluded from your credit report on the same exact date.  That date is 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account.  No dates reported by the debt collector update the DOFD reported on the OC account, and have no effect on the date of the CR deletion of either a charge-off or a collection.

YOu need the DOFD on the OC account to determine whether the continued inclusion of either is improper.

If you determine that more than 7 years plus 180 days has passed since that date-certain DOFD, then file a complaint with the CRA for their violation of FCRA 605(a)(4).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks. Ill see ho it goes. It was just weird how my account has been in good standing with a good average age of accounts and history until it popped up, lowered my average account age, payment history, and it now has a heavier impact on my score because I think that this account was calculated as a new account I just defaulted on.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.