Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Fast -VERY Time Sensitive....With First Premier Bank - Confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help Fast -VERY Time Sensitive....With First Premier Bank - Confused

Hi Guys,

I am so glad to have found this forum....

OK here is the deal, I have only a few items left to clear up on my credit. I actually dealt with a very very nice person, believe it or not, at First National Collection Bureau yesterday on the phone who was very helpful explaining to me what was going on. Basically, the last 4 debts I have on my credit are pretty small, all less than $800 ($800 being the highest) 

Nonetheless, I want to deal with this one first...

I sent in a PFD letter back on March 3, 2016 certified to First Premier Bank because on my credit the collection is still listed with them specifically and NOT FNCB (First National Collection Bureau). The reason it doesn't show it with them is because First Premier Bank actually didn't sell it to them yet, only hired them to attempt to collect on it. What is is ironic is as I was sending First Premier this certified letter, lo and behold FNCB sent me this 'offer" a little less than even my offer to settle and delete this from my record. Their offer though only offers to settle as a 'pay in full" HOWEVER, they do not report to credit agency. They have nothing to do with anything except report back to First Premier Bank of their success or lack of success in collecting from me. So they nicely extended my due date in order to help me hear back from First Premier and be able to settle out the terms with them. They were awesome actually.

My question is, I haven't heard back from First Premier yet, they just signed my certified letter card thingy recognizing receipt of my letter. I am attaching what I sent to them. What should I do? I want to pay this and be done. I am also attaching the letter I received from FNCB. 

I want to expedite the settling out of this account to move on to my next issues. Please help me. I am trying to get my scores up. I am teetering around 593/600/586 and want to get my scores up. The best way is for me to remove these four negative accounts all together. I have positive accounts on my credit so when these are done I have a couple other issues to tackle and I am good. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH>>>>>You all rock.

Letter One: FROM ME TO FIRST PREMIER OFFERING PFD

March 3, 2016

First Premier Bank

601 S MINNESOTA AVE, SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor Account Number

Account For First Premier Bank

Account # 517800638605

Amount: $250.00

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is for your information that I am disputing validity of the debt referred to above. I am not aware of the account number and you have not informed me of the existence of this account.

I am willing to pay this account IN FULL for $250,if you agree to immediately delete the account from the credit reporting agencies (namely Equifax, TransUnion and Experian) that you have reported to, and validated this account. My sole purpose is to get this item removed from my file. This letter should not be interpreted as recognition of the debt or acknowledgment of liability for the debt.

If you accept the terms of this agreement, the certified amount of $250 will be sent to your collection agency provided there is complete deletion of any reference to the debt from my file on all the credit bureaus that you have reported to, and the debt is validated. As the full amount demanded will be paid back, there should not be any waiting period to delete this item from the reporting bureaus.

Your agency should delete all information regarding the account from my credit files within 10 business days from the receipt of the payment, as mentioned in this agreement. The terms of this agreement will not be discussed with anyone but the original creditor. No third party will be informed if contacted and no acknowledgment of the debt, any kind of payment, or settlement will be discussed if I am contacted by the Reporting Agencies.

Following the acceptance of the agreement, please prepare a letter on your company letter head unambiguously agreeing to the aforementioned terms and conditions and have it signed by your agency's authorized signatory. This letter will imply a legal contract, enforceable under my Maryland state law.

If I do not receive an approval letter within 15 days of your receipt of this letter, I will withdraw this offer.

Please communicate regarding this account to the address mentioned below.

Angela Dowd

Letter from FNCB JUST RECIEVED YESTERDAY

FIRST NATIONAL COLLECTION BUREAU, INC.

Dep t. # 21377

PO Box 1259

Oak s. PA 19456

610 Waltham Way

Sparks, NV 89434

(800) 824-6191

Current Creditor: FIRST PREMIER BANK

Original Account #: 517800638605XXXX

Ref#: 081613817

Total Due: 461.85

PAY YOUR ACCOUNT 50%  in 4 PAYMENTS

Our client FIRST PREMIER BANK is offering you a discounted offer of $230.93 in 4 payments over 4 months starting on 04/07/16. (28 days)

Once all four (4) payments of $57.73 have been paid to our office on time, we will consider this account satisfied in full.

Payments may not be more than 30 days apart or this discounted offer may be cancelled.  Please send in the payments along with the payment stub to the address listed on the coupon.

If you need additional time to respond to this offer, please contact us.  We are not obligated to renew this offer.

The law limits how  long you can be sued on a debt.  Because of the age of your debt, our client will not sue you for it. In many circumstances, you can renew the debt and start the time period for the filing of a lawsuit against you if you take specific actions such as making certain paymen on the debt or making a written promise to pay.  You should determine the effect of any actions you take with respect to this debt. 

If you wish to speak with a representative please call (800) 824-6191.

Sincerely,

First National Collection Bureau, Inc

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help Fast -VERY Time Sensitive....With First Premier Bank - Confused

Not going to happen...FP most likely will not even respond to that kind of letter. Way too demanding.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That didn't answer my question at all....plus I am very persistant so I am not so sure about that...I see that for many they were able too...but with all the information I put in my orignal post, if someone doesn't mind reading it thoroughly I would be very very grateful as to the best attack plan someone with this area of expertise with PB might have...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. I am seeing the CA saying you won't be sued. As I was saying before, it is very unlikely FP would cave to your demands. Although, someone always wins the lottery.

How old is the debt? 

What I am getting at with my first response that you didn't like, is this. People have better luck with deletions by pleading and making them feel sorry for your situation that caused you not being able to pay.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, but what helps jump my score the most? I will pay it off in full, not the silly 4 payment thing. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

See my edited post.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, but what helps jump my score the most? I will pay it off in full, not the silly 4 payment thing. 

The best and really only way to get the score jump is deletion.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband had a CO from FPB in 2014.  We got a call from their collection agency in early 2015 saying if we paid this amount (like $150 less than the full balance) then it would be settled in full so we did just to be done with it.  The CA never reported to his credit but of course the FPB charge off is still there.  This was before we even considered to start rebuilding so I didn't know anything about PFD or GW letters at this point.  It does show up on his credit report as settled legally for less.  In hindsight, I wish we had just paid the full balance. FPB has been resistant to GW efforts so far (as recent as last month).  I'll probably try to continue GW them in the future once I get to the point where all the other things I can be successful with are taken care of.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

2012 was the debt.  It has not been sold to a collection agency, only given to one in attempts to collect but not sold to it YET. This is why I am fighting for deletion and I sent the letter not agreeing that the debt is even mine but doing the typical PFD. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck.  Just keep in mind that if you wait and the time frame runs out on the settlement offer the CA might start reporting it as a collection on top of the CO that FPB already listed.  Then you would have two entries to try to get off.  I have found FPB to be rude and unhelpful in the contact I've had with them.  I was an AU on that account and I had to call to get myself removed so it could be taken off my credit reports and the guy I spoke to was extremely rude.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.