Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Overwhelmed!

tag
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Need Help Overwhelmed!

Well long story short I messed up my credit a few years back before joining the military. Now I am trying to obtain a VA  loan with a min 620 score for most lenders. Currently I have 1 charge off ($33), 5 collections (1 medical), and 3 lates( 120+ days on a student loan now in deferment). I have 2 cards limits $1000 and $300. The balances are $698 and $7 repespectively so about 54% util. Where do I begin? I have sent out 2 Full media Validation but no reply yet. Any beginner ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Help Overwhelmed!

@Mrzjbabii wrote:

Well long story short I messed up my credit a few years back before joining the military. Now I am trying to obtain a VA  loan with a min 620 score for most lenders. Currently I have 1 charge off ($33), 5 collections (1 medical), and 3 lates( 120+ days on a student loan now in deferment). I have 2 cards limits $1000 and $300. The balances are $698 and $7 repespectively so about 54% util. Where do I begin? I have sent out 2 Full media Validation but no reply yet. Any beginner ideas?

Do you know where you two FICO scores are at right now?

CO - what kind is it? How old is it in relation to your Average Age of Accounts? If a utility or phone or something along those lines, send a PFD no matter what. If a CC or loan balance, then either PIF if older than your AAoA and GW later or send a PFD if younger than your AAoA.

CAs (non-medical) - send each a DV letter. If they verify and you agree, then send PFDs.

Medical CA - either 1) send a DV then a PFD or 2) follow the HIPAA process which involves paying the medical office first.

SLs - try GWing.

Current CCs - your balance is high on the $1000 CL. Your overall util is at 54%. I bet if you paid one off and got the other to report a balance of less than 9% of the CL, you might see a 40-50 pt gain (guessing).

Message 2 of 6
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Current Score: EQ-565 TU-527 EX FAKO-530

The charge off was a bank fee that I incur while in basic training in 2008 for $33.

One of my collections is a Comcast bill that  I never authorized and the collection agency Credit Protection Association  I can never find a contact for.

I am going to pay off the $698 balance next month right before the reporting date. In total I will only have 3% util.

The hardest part is finding contacts for the OCs

Message 3 of 6
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

I had a collection with credit protection services and just mailed them a GW letter today.

Credit Protection Associates

13355 Noel Rd.  Ste 2

Dallas, TX 75240

(972)233-9614

Message 4 of 6
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Just send a DV to Credit Protection Associates.. I listed the address above- if you really don't owe the debt- they can't validate it (and hey sometimes even if you do owe it to the OC the CA can't validate lol)  Send the DV letter CMRRR to Credit Protection Associates and sit tight-  don't worry about finding a contact to address it to- if it gets sent CMRRR they will get it where it needs to go.  Make them do the work-

Message 5 of 6
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

I really hope they do because the only other way to get it removed is an identity theft packet and that thing takes forever.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.