Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Please

tag
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Need Help Please

Hello

I inadvertantly answered the phone tonight and it was a CA (Stevenson/Michaels) calling on behalf of FCNB.  They offered a settlement of $300 on a $598 balance.  FCNB, while the debt is mine, does not appear on any of my reports any more.  Is it best to do the settlement, pif, or what?  Can this or will this account pop back up on my credit reports?  By the way the lady was talking, it sounds as if FCNB still owns the account because she kept referring to them as their client.  I would offer PFD but, as of now, there is nothing to delete.  By the way, this is a relatively old account, I would say 5 years or so.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Need Help Please

I would not deal with them if that debt is not on your credit report. There are company's that buy debt that is over 7 yrs old and try and get people to pay. If you have copies of your credit report from a while ago, look for a DOLA on the report. I would not wake that sleeping dog if it is out of the SOL and is over the 7yrs.
Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Help Please

@NikJ4 wrote:
I would not deal with them if that debt is not on your credit report. There are company's that buy debt that is over 7 yrs old and try and get people to pay. If you have copies of your credit report from a while ago, look for a DOLA on the report. I would not wake that sleeping dog if it is out of the SOL and is over the 7yrs.

Good advice...but what you want to check is the DOFD.  When did the OC drop off??

I still get mail now & then from an acct that dropped 10 years ago.  I wouldn't doubt they paid $20 on a $1500 co.

If this acct has long dropped because of AGE....tell 'em to pound sand.  hehe Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.