cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Plz!! Three collection agencies , same debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help Plz!! Three collection agencies , same debt?

OK so i checked my credit report and its saying a law office collection agency is collecting a debt on behalf of tmobile. I called them and they said it was given back to tmobile and it will be deleted off my credit report. I called tmobile to pay it before they report it and they said they sold it to a new company.. I then call the new company and they said they dont own it they just collect of behlf of tmobile.

Seeing as the law office is the only thing on my credit report on that debt and since there deleting it if i pay it off now wit hthe new company will it not be posted on my credit report at all??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Need Help Plz!! Three collection agencies , same debt?

Most of the time, if they have not yet reported, a collection agency is happy to not report once its paid off.  If you can PIF, I suggest you do so, along with notification from the new collection agency that they will not report.  Then Goodwill tmobile like crazy to get them to remove any negative information they have on your account.

Watch the lawyer's office trade line and make sure that it gets removed.  It was returned to tmobile i would ask the lawyers office to provide you with a letter stating that they no longer hold the debt and it went back to tmobile.  just in case they decide to get lazy and never remove it.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok .. appreciate the advice..the thing is tmobile didnt report on my credit report.. the law office did. they said they deleted it 2 days ago cause it was sold back to tmobile. i called the new collection agency who has it and they never reported and said they dont report ..but once its paid it goes back to tmobile and tmobile updates. But if tmobile never reported , can they still update ???
Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'd send a letter to the new CA stating you will PIF for the promise to NOT report to the cra's.   When they reply saying ok (hope hope) then send them a check. 

KEEP ALL DOCUMENTATION.  <-----that is the #1 point that I cannot stress enough!!!  In my repair journey, I have all my stubs, letters & bills from way back when. Even after they drop....I have a box I put this stuff in & it takes up close tozero space & will save my backside should I ever have to use it.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
newstart2010
Blogger

Totally agree with the documentation.  I went through a whole credit cleanup years ago.  thought I had everything sewn up.  Got rid of the docs cause it was all done.  Then almost all of the debts I had settled (because I thought that was what you did was settle for less) had the remainders sold and fees added on.  Junk debt swirled, and now i owe more than I did previously.  I also had not proof that the CAs said they would not seel the remaining debt.  Its so worth it to save everything, and get it all in writing.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.