Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

??Need Help With Improving Credit.. Shows Nothing??? No Fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

??Need Help With Improving Credit.. Shows Nothing??? No Fico score

Hello to all. This is one of the best sites. Thank you for all the knowledge.

At this point:

I have 3 Doctor Bills Debt of  $1143.00

I had sprint bill but payed off $290.00 this was from a couple of years ago.

I have a Judgement from a Bail bonds place from 2006. was paid off. comes off I hope next year??

I just got a secured credit card through bank of america. now i am getting one through SECU Credit unoin?

Is that a good thing to get two unsecured credit cards in one month? BoA $500.00 limit Secu $500.00

From what I have learned on here. The best thing is to use about $50.00 a month out of my $500.00and pay it off 4 days before the due date.This will get me lower then 10% util. Am I right? That will get me a score. Thanks for the Help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: ??Need Help With Improving Credit.. Shows Nothing??? No Fico score

Yes, you are mostly right.

You can use your credit cards up to their limit but you must make sure you pay them down so only $49 or less reports as a balance on 1 card when the statement closes. (A couple of days before the due date.) One card needs to report zero.

After about 3 months you might be able to generate a score but it could take as long as 6 months.

After 6 months or when your scores reach 640 consider applying for 1 more credit card. Perhaps a Walmart unsecured.

1 late payment and you will be IN TROUBLE! Time to get it together.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ??Need Help With Improving Credit.. Shows Nothing??? No Fico score

Thank you so much for your time.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.