Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With SettledDerog BofA account

tag
ucibaqt
Valued Member

Need Help With SettledDerog BofA account

Had a BofA CC account in college. Was stupid and did not pay the from May 2006 to July 2007. They called and at the time I knew nothing about debt or credit. I agreed to settle the account for half of what I owed so it would not be charged off. Now it is just sitting on my report and really hurting all my chances of increasing my score or getting any type of credit. I have two questions that I really need help with:

1) All the CRA say that the current status of the account is 60 ot 90 day late. How is this possible when the I settled the account in July of 2007. Could I change that status? And how could I go about doing so??

Also:

I want to send BofA a GW letter and ask if they could delete the account. Maybe possibly bribe them by agreeing to pay the other half of the settlement since I have a job now. Or possibly ask them to take off some the late payments. Does any of this sound like a good idea or should I try another approach to either get the account knocked off before 2013 or in good standing.

Any help is appreciated! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need Help With SettledDerog BofA account

First point, it is still proper for the account to still remain in your CR.  Settling on a delinquent account never removes it, per se, from your CR.

Second point, your strategy is great!

They are capitalists.  Bribe is not the word I would use, but rather appeal to their capitalistic greed!  But it is the same!

If you write them from out of the blue, and offer to put more money into their cofffers that you no longer legally owe them in exchange or a simple deleton letter to the CRA, that is one of the best reasons for corporate GW that I could imaqine!

Go for it!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 06-30-2009 11:18 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.