cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With Settlement CCC

tag
Dajinxxx

Need Help With Settlement CCC

Guys i need some advice. I recently sent a PFD to Credit Control Corp. for a 5 year old debt for cable services from original creditor Suddenlink.

The original debt was 800.00 and in my PFD letter i offered 400.00 for full deletion from all CRA's and in no point in the letter did i mention disputing or that i owned the debt. I stated that i had no knowledge of the debt because they never contacted me.

Results

Credit Control Corp. (CCC) wrote me back stating,

We have received your request for verification of the debt noted below and we are committed to factually resolving your questions. CCC serves as an agent for the Client/Creditor who retains ownership of this account.

Client Original Creditor SUDDENLINK Acct# 201704 Amount 800.62

then they state

1. The components of your account balance are as follows $180.62 for cable service, $620.00 for cable equipment

2. Unless you are claiming fraud/identity theft, our Client/your creditor verified the validity of this debt and the balance due. The documents checked below are attached hereto in support of our joint research efforts.

_______ An itemized statement from our Clint/your creditor.

_______ An itemized statement from CCC detailing transaction activity since your account was placed with CCC.

_______ A copy of the "Maintenance/Installation Order" from our Client/your creditor

NONE OF THESE BOXES ARE CHECKED AND THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION ATTACHED FOR 2 !!!!

3.This line just lists documents needed to send to them if i was claiming identity fraud or theft

4. _____ Please Call our office at one of the numbers listed above. There is important information we wish to discuss with you regarding this account.

THIS BOX IS CHECKED!!!!

5______ Miscellaneous (this is hand written in ink) Call for information on settlement. 

THIS BOX IS CHECKED ALSO!!!

They also state that if this debt was credit reported the status of that report is being temporarily amended to "disputed" while this investigation is pending. Please respond with all requested information within 30-days of this letter.

I never disputed the debt. They sent no documentation of verification they just listed amounts. 

I do not know what to do next. Would anyone suggest calling them to what settlement are they offering?  PLEASE HELP!!!

One more thing of note, the original creditor (SUDDENLINK) is not reporting to the CRA's. Credit Control Corp. is.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need Help With Settlement CCC

I would write them another letter, attach a copy of the one you recieved and in big bold letters state this is not a dispute and you did not dispute previously and ask them to remove the dispute comment.

You did not ask for validation so they didn't need to send anything.  However, they did in fact validate.

Who did the letter come from?  Someone you could call and talk to?

I am finding that more and more GW and PFDs are turning into disputes even after clearly stating they are not. 

Message 2 of 4
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

They stated they didn't own the debt only collecting the debt for Suddenlink, right? If that is the case I would think you could contact Suddenlink to pull the debt back and pay them. At that point the CA has to remove from the CR. That is if you can pay. 

Do you have the equipment still?  maybe they will let you return it and credit your account for that much.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 3 of 4
Dajinxxx

The letter came from Credit Control Corp. and there is not a printed name in the letter closing just a signature under "sincerely" that I cannot make out.. They did leave a phone number.  I do not have the equipment as it was misplaced when I moved five years ago. I did not know I could call the original creditors and try to settle with them. If I do I fear that they will report paid late or something derogatory  like that and start the 7 year cycle all over again. Man this is confusing but I want to get my credit in line.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.