Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With The Next Step....PLEEEEASE

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Need Help With The Next Step....PLEEEEASE

I started my rebuilding journey January 2012. At the time my fico was as follow EQ 505, TU 499, and EX 476 ...24 baddies). Two month's later I was 580, 562, and 519. By April I was up to 595EQ and 565TU. My question to you guy, with being down to only 6 baddies on EQ and 7 on TU how do I determine what to pay next to give me my next score boost? I'm looking to prequalify for a home loan but need to get to 640. 

Items left:

USA Funds $3356

Sallie Mae $0

Verizon $0 settled account

Marauder $162

Credit Management $295

AFNI $333

Midland $651 tribute card (filed dispute w/BBB)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need Help With The Next Step....PLEEEEASE

The very first thing I would suggest is to check out all of the qualification requirements by your lendor.  FICO score may only be secondary.

Many, if not most, mortgage lendors will require payment of all delinquent debt that is being reported in your CR, and some will require payment to have been made prior to certain period.  I would suggest a preliminary chat with your potential lendor.

For unpaid, delinquent debt, you will most likely have to throw $$ at the reporting to get it deleted.  Do you currently have the funds necessary to make PFD offers on the delinquent debt?  They take time to negotiate, so might be a first focus.

For the settled account, I would send a request for GW deletion.

Message 2 of 3
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Help With The Next Step....PLEEEEASE

Thank you RobertEG for your response. Yes I have the funds available to do settlements. The only thing is if I paid the accounts and they remained will my fico go up or remain the same?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.