Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With Transunion Dispute

tag
ucibaqt
Valued Member

Need Help With Transunion Dispute

I just pulled my all three credit reports and I noticed an ballys account on my TU report that is not on my EQ or EX and I never had a ballys account. I called Ballys and they said the account was given over to a CA and I learned that they did not have the right information for me which leads me to believe someone else opened this account. I sent a DV letter to the CA in February and still have not received any validation. I want to write TU to dispute this account but need help as to what I need to say. Thank for any help it is well needed...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help With Transunion Dispute

I've been disputing items and getting deletes and updates since may to the tune of 100 point jump across all three CRAs.  My experience with TransUnion is that they are by FAR the easiest to initiate disputes with, and contrary to most of the advice I've seen, I find that calling them and having a phone agent initiate the disupute for you is extremely effective, typically showing results on my TU report within a few days (updating on TrueCredit daily).

They don't even require a report number - social is fine, and I've even seen their dispute result in the collection agency updating with EX and EQ as a result.

Our customer service representatives are available to assist you with the dispute process. If you have a recent copy of your TransUnion credit report in which you believe there is an inaccuracy, simply call toll-free at 1-800-916-8800

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find its easiest to do online and I have seen results in a few days. There is one account that takes longer because they are slow to get back, but I know that they are checking because I know someone who works there and they let me know when they get the request.
Message 3 of 4
ucibaqt
Valued Member

Thanks will try
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.