Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help from the Gurus...

tag
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Need Help from the Gurus...

I have a medical collection with Professional Finance Company. I had a payment arrangement where they were auto-deducting from my bank account; however, the payments stopped being deducted from my account in May. I waited to see if it would come out this month, and it didn't. I now notice by pulling updates of my experian report, that they are adding a fee of some sort (the balance went from 466 to 469 to now 471). My medical bill originated from a North Carolinian community hospital, and they never added interest or fees to other bills. So my question is... can PFC continuously inflate what I owe (yeah it's just a couple of dollars each month, but it's the principle). If not, can I use this as leverage to get them to delete of my CR?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need Help from the Gurus...

They can only add fees and interest if your state allows it or the original agreement from the OC allows it.

Have you tried contacting them and finding out why they stopped taking payments?

Message 2 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

No, cause medical bills don't have tax or interest. I would file a dispute with th FTC

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A CA can add interest if the state allows for interest to be added on a medical collection,.

Message 4 of 9
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Nope hadn't contacted them... was planning on e-mailing a pfd letter to the CEO next month to just pay the remaining balance in full; then i noticed that the balance was increasing. I live in VA but had my son in North Carolina, which is where the bill originates. Where can I find out if NC allows interest on Medical bills. I will add the the hospital in which I had my son is a not-for-profit, community hospital if that makes any difference. 

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 6 of 9
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

okay well clearly they aren't charging 8% interest. Not sure what the nickle and diming is then... will mention this in my letter to the ceo.

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It isn't 8% monthly.  There is a complex way to figure it out and I have never even attempted that one.

Message 8 of 9
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

lol @guiness56 okay. Don't know if they have been tacking on the additions the whole time or not as I have not paid attention until now. Hopefully, the will PFD the remainder and I will be rid of them. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.