Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help idea's on rebuilding credit ....PLEASE

tag
luckyhinnys
Established Member

Need Help idea's on rebuilding credit ....PLEASE

Hello,

we have had a run of bad choices and economical bumps from about 2005  to about 2008. After so many pot holes we have been staying away from credit cards and loans.....pay every thing with cash. Rule of thumb ..." if we don't have the cash we don't need "   Now trying to build it back up..I have realized that I may have been my own biggest problem by not applying for lines of credit and rebuilding .We have paid of several auto loans and where advised to get a couple low limit credit cards wich we have and keep a $0 balance. My credit has come up from a Fico 503 & 514 to a Fico of 570 & 592 but now seem at a stand still ??? It has been over a year since we have had any late payments....so if some one has any idea's what I might beable to do to get it moving again...please let me know thanks !

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

Re: Need Help idea's on rebuilding credit ....PLEASE

Perhaps using your credit cards with a utilization below 10% will bump your scores. 

Message 2 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Hi lucky and welcome to the forums!!! You wanna keep your credit card UTIL between 1-9% each month. Never at 0%. Fico doesn't like to see no usage on the card. Good luck on your credit rebuilding journey!!!

Message 3 of 5
soILseminole
Contributor

+1 DaBears

also, take some time to read and learn these forums. If you have baddies on your report, make sure to research GW's (goodwill letters) and PFD's (pay for delete). nothing makes those scores jump more than having baddies removed. Be patient, be persistent, time heals all wounds.

welcome to the forums!
Current: |MyFico TU-766| |MyFico EQ-737| |Amex EX-736| (May '13)
Message 4 of 5
Questfor850

I had a score of 550 in 2008 today I have a score of 801 so hang in there
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.