Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help knowing what to look for on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help knowing what to look for on credit report

Hi Everybody,

I am new to the forum and credit repair, so I will appreciate any help I can get.

I have been trying to repair my credit for the last several months and I am finding it to be much more complicated than I initially thought.

My question: What should I be looking for on my CR that warrants a dispute/correction? I get the obvious; such as unfamiliar accounts, but how about when Condition reads Closed/Paid and status reads Late 30 days in the same account. Is it worth disputing the 30 days late portion and request it be changed to current? Is that hurting my credit?

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but as I said I am in learning mode.. Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need Help knowing what to look for on credit report

Welcome to the forums!.

Credit repair ins and outs can be overwhelming to some one who has never dealt with it before.  For your reading pleasure I am directing you to the links below to get you started:

Credit Scoring 101    Guide to Common Abbreviations   Other Frequently Requested Threads

I would suggest reading the above to at least familiarize yourself with some terminology.

You can post any account you may have questions about, just leave out personal information.

Two of the most important dates are going to be the account DOFD and SOL for type of accounts.

One 30 day late will initially hurt your score.  As time goes by it hurts less and less.  So if it has been over a year since the late, I would not worry too much about it.  You can have a paid/closed account with a 30 day late.

Nothing is a dumb question.  We all started at the same place you are.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 08-25-2009 04:24 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.