Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Midland!

tag
diesel2013
Contributor

Need Help with Midland!

Hey Everyone! So Midland is my last baddie. I have tried everything in the book to try to get them to delete. Emails, snail, PFD DV, everything. Has anyone had any luck with them or any advice they can give me would be welcome. I also have tried BBB and CFB.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
queen_britt2003
Contributor

Re: Need Help with Midland!

I did not have success in getting them to PFD.  However, I was able to pay only 60% of the balance due & have the account marked Paid in Full.  I took this resolution and paid at the beginning of the month.  I just started GW them so I'll keep you posted.

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 2 of 9
diesel2013
Contributor

Keep me posted! I would love to pay them and get them away, but I called and spoke with one of the managers and he told me no matter how many GW you would send they would not approve. So good luck I hope he is wrong! Thats what is holding back from paying them.

Message 3 of 9
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I've been emailing GW's to them and sent one in the mail.  No luck for me either.

Message 4 of 9
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@queen_britt2003 wrote:

I did not have success in getting them to PFD.  However, I was able to pay only 60% of the balance due & have the account marked Paid in Full.  I took this resolution and paid at the beginning of the month.  I just started GW them so I'll keep you posted.

This was my experience as well.  I tried EVERYTHING -- contacting them on the last day of the month, etc. -- even waited until the SOL had run out in my state, figuring they'd then be motivated to either PFD or settle for 10-20 cents on the dollar.  NADA.  40% off was the best they would do.  I guess they figure they'll just hold on to these old debts, waiting for the day when people like us are suddenly motivated to improve our credit reports (I was refinancing our mortgage).

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 5 of 9
diesel2013
Contributor

I feel the same way with waiting--however the are reporting my collection are in installment, and updating it every 30 days. so every 30 days my score takes a hit.

Message 6 of 9
carolP

Hello- Not sure if you have already resolved your issue with them. But I found some info on these forums that really helped me. Midland will not accpet a GW, they do not care.  I even complained through the CFBP which usually scares everyone, and they rebuttled the complaint.

What I would recommend is, if this is for a credit card and the bank is part of the compucredit vs. FTC, send them a letter witht he copy of the ruling which you can find on google, and demand that they delete it.  I just did this and they finally confirmed they will delete. Just waiting for the update now.  For other accounts such as cell phones, etc.. if they are old ask them for a copy of the actual bill from the company, if they can't provide them, file a police report and say that its unauthorized.  Send the report and they should delete it.  That is what one of their Spanish reps advisedme to do, so I am in the process of sending them thisinformation.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Message 7 of 9
TheCharlish

Can someone send me an email to use for midland?

also trying to resolve some thing with them. 

Message 8 of 9
wa3more
Established Contributor

If your contract with the original creditor has JAMS arbitration in it,  i would include that in my letter to them,

Keep it simple :

This debt is disputed, Please validate.

All calls are inconvenient.

I elect private contractual arbitration.

That's it. The arbitration election takes away their ability to take you to court and might give you more leverage to negotiate.

Never pay a junk debt buyer.....

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.