Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

tag
nursekb
Valued Member

Need Help

Hello,

I need some quick direction on the best action I cant afford for anything to drop my score. I had a auto loan that was opened in 2004- about three years later my vehicle was in a MVA and was damaged my insuraunce paid off my auto loan but there was still a remaining balance left over because I had skipped two payments so instead of them reporting late they just added them in towards the end of the loan. To make a long story short in 2009 I settled this account and I have my letter that statesmy account was settled in full between the creditor and the collection agency it was with- this account was off my report. Well I go to check my credit report and this is what shows up two years later. Can they do this ,my acoount was taken care of and I have the letter still. This cant be right. Please help me on what to do next.

AUTO PORTFOLIO SERVICES  #  752**
PO BOX 4097
ENGLEWOOD, CO 80111
(877) 761-3111
Balance:$ 1,378
Date Updated:02/2011
High Balance:$ 16,457
Past Due:> $ 1,378 <
Terms:$ 375 for 72 Months
Pay Status:>Collection Account<
Account Type:Installment Account
Responsibility:Individual Account
Date Opened:11/2004
Date Closed:02/2011
Loan Type: Installment Account - Automobile
Remark: >Placed for collection<
Estimated date that this item will be removed: 06/2016
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help

I'd do a direct dispute or I'd call them.  Explain the situation, and include any proof you have of your prior agreement / payment. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

I agree with mauve, contact the CA.

The same happened to me,paid one CA then years later another CA comes trying to collect.

What I did was contacted the new CA and I told them the debt was already paid to CA #1.

I didn't show proof it was paid, just told them the name of the CA#1.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

I actually thought the listing looked like it was the OC.  Is it?

Message 4 of 8
nursekb
Valued Member

No, this is not the OC. i called this company to clarify who they were and I stated this account was taken care of and I still have the letter that stated my account was settled in full  with a prior CA that the OC had sent the remaining balance to. This rep kept placing me on hold and she then asked was it a settlement letter and start blabbing about other things I became irritated and had to hang up the phone because I did not want to "go there" with her.

Is there a difference between a settled in full account or paid in full account. I want to dispute this with the reporting CRA. Should I send the letter to them or just this new reporting CA. I am in the process of buying a home and need no interruptions.

Thanks to everyone

Message 5 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

Do you know when this went on the report?  You could DV or direct dispute with the CA.

Message 6 of 8
Babyarho2010

I know this is an old thread, but FYI this is an OC, not a CA. Auto Portfolio Services bought the portfolio of auto loans from Peak 5, (Flatiron Financial Svcs) who purchased from Centrix Financial. Hope this helps you. (If you haven't already solved your problem)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did this to everyone who ever had an account with Peak 5 or Centrix, and everyone has the same continue on file date of 06/2016 despite when you may have settled or paid the loan in full for that matter.  Mine was for an account which was resolved with centrix, and lo and behold some 8 years later it shows up as a collection.  I call them and they have no record of me, but when I dispute and show with old credit reports that it has been illegally reaged transunion says they will continue to report as Auto portfolio verified the information-- which is obviously invalid...  Don't know what to do beside wait until 06/2016.  Filed with my state attorney general waiting to hear back.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.