tag
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Need Quick advice

What would you do in this case.  

Two credit cards closed same creditor.

2005 opened, and one 2007

total of 10 lates one 4 and one 6

They have offered me if i pay in full they will delete both accounts, but if i settle the accounts it would have to be reported as such.  they are offering me 75%, but i want 50%.

What would you do in my case? one has a balance of about $1900 the other $4000

Should i pay them off and then try to GW? they already said they cant take off lates, just delete the whole thing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Need Quick advice

@QueenJ wrote:

They have offered me if i pay in full they will delete both accounts, but if i settle the accounts it would have to be reported as such.  they are offering me 75%, but i want 50%.

What would you do in my case? one has a balance of about $1900 the other $4000

Should i pay them off and then try to GW? they already said they cant take off lates, just delete the whole thing.

#1: Was their offer of "deleting" in writing?

#2: If they offered to delete, why would they say that they needed to report the accounts as settled for less?

#3: I'd rather have the whole thing deleted, that's me, personally. I don't care if it factors into my AAOA, I'd rather have a clean record with less years carrying into the mileage than a negative account hurting my score more than a drop in AAOA.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 3
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Quick advice

They mailed the letter i have not received it yet.

Settled for less if i dont pay in full. if i do then the whole thing gets deleted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.