Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Advice About A Unique Situation

tag
BoredExcited
Established Member

Need Some Advice About A Unique Situation

Ok so I had three negative items on my report at the start of this month.

Old Medical Bill for $900

Old Time Warner Bill for $461

Really Old Student Loan for $2107

I got all three paid off this month. They all promised to remove but have not done so yet.

What are my prospects? I was in the low 600's(608 605 598) and I really need a card with a $5K-$10K credit line by mid-March.

Is this even realistic? How big of a bump can I expect upon removal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Some Advice About A Unique Situation

@BoredExcited wrote:

Ok so I had three negative items on my report at the start of this month.

Old Medical Bill for $900

Old Time Warner Bill for $461

Really Old Student Loan for $2107

I got all three paid off this month. They all promised to remove but have not done so yet.

What are my prospects? I was in the low 600's(608 605 598) and I really need a card with a $5K-$10K credit line by mid-March.

Is this even realistic? How big of a bump can I expect upon removal?

If these are your only derogs your score might take a good leap forward once all of them are off your CRs, if you have more the bump is going to be  muted, also the amount of boost depends on if they are older or newer in Ficos eyes. Removal could take up to 60 days depends on how they do it. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
BoredExcited
Established Member

Re: Need Some Advice About A Unique Situation

Those are my only three derog's. As far as age goes one is a student loan from 2000/2001. One is a medical bill from 2009 and one is a Time Warner Bill from 2009.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.