Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Advice for the Baddies

tag
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Need Some Advice for the Baddies

I was recently denied a car loan. I am guessing it has alot to do with the Baddies on my report. 

My questions: 

1. Should I pay all of these off? Will it help?

2. Anyone have any luck with pay for delete on First Premier??

I am willing to pay everything but that $1,105 medical bill, I do not owe it and I've been fighting for almost a year to get it off..

So here is the run down. All advice is appreciated!!

TRANSUNION

SCORE AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2016 -683

Farmers Furniture $325 (I owe it, not in collections...yet)

First Progress $138 (I don't have a clue how this really happened...not in collections..yet

First Premier $781 (I owe it, not in collections yet)

Total: $1,244

Inquiries: 2 

EQUIFAX

SCORE AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2016 -644

Farmers Furniture $325

First Progress $138

First Premier $781

AMCOL SYSTEMS $1,105 (I do NOT owe these people and this is the only "collection")

Total: $2,349

Inquiries: 4

EXPERIAN

SCORE AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2016 -665

Farmers Furniture $325

First Progress $138

First Premier $781

AMCOL SYSTEMS $1,105 (I do NOT owe these people and this is the only "collection")

Inquiries: 3 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Some Advice for the Baddies

@YellowBanana wrote:

I was recently denied a car loan. I am guessing it has alot to do with the Baddies on my report. 

My questions: 

1. Should I pay all of these off? Will it help?

2. Anyone have any luck with pay for delete on First Premier??

I am willing to pay everything but that $1,105 medical bill, I do not owe it and I've been fighting for almost a year to get it off..

So here is the run down. All advice is appreciated!!

TRANSUNION

SCORE AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2016 -683

Farmers Furniture $325 (I owe it, not in collections...yet)

First Progress $138 (I don't have a clue how this really happened...not in collections..yet

First Premier $781 (I owe it, not in collections yet)

Total: $1,244

Inquiries: 2 

EQUIFAX

SCORE AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2016 -644

Farmers Furniture $325

First Progress $138

First Premier $781

AMCOL SYSTEMS $1,105 (I do NOT owe these people and this is the only "collection")

Inquiries: 4

EXPERIAN

SCORE AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2016 -665

Farmers Furniture $325

First Progress $138

First Premier $781

AMCOL SYSTEMS $1,105 (I do NOT owe these people and this is the only "collection")

Inquiries: 3 

Whats the story on the medical bill?

Message 2 of 5
YellowBanana
New Contributor

I went to one of those Emergency Rooms that are not in an actual Hospital. 

During that time I had BCBS and a spending accont with 7000 in it for the year. 

The total bill was 10,000

It wiped out my entire spending account of 7000 bucks which was suppose to be for the year. 

Then BCBS paid over 1900.00

Then I recieved a bill for that 1105. I called before it even hit my credit, I asked them if the remainder could be resubmitted or written off, the rep told me yes...the bill was resubmitted and BCBS didnt cover anymore of it. 

I called once again and asked if the remainder could be written off I was having financial hardships during that time. 

They sent me a form, asked for paychek stubs, sent it all in. I spoke with a manager she told me that I would be covered under financial hardship. Thought it was all over taken care of...then boom 50 point score drop..and a collection from what I thought was taken care of. I don't owe it..now if it is really killing my score as bad as I dont want to I will pay it because I have NO PROOF of that conversation and that manager is no longer there )why of course! 

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As with any controvery over credit reporting, your first step should by to file a formal dispute, requiring the furnisher to conduct a reasonable investigation, and make a finding as to its accuracy. 

If the furnisher verifies the accuracy of their reporting, that serves as a basis for additional actions, such as filing a complaint with the CFPB or bringing your own civil action to obtain court review.

Message 4 of 5
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Hey thanks so much what is CFPB? That would be my next step I sent a letter and they sent a copy of the bill back.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.