Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Advice

tag
akumaxv
Established Member

Need Some Advice

This board has been incredibly helpful cleaning up my credit.

However, I need some advice on some accounts and what I should do, if anything:

HSBC/BSTBUY - Date of last activity Jun, 2010

Descrption: Account Transferred or Sold / Charge (Sent to LVNV for Collection, that's the next item)

LVNVFNDG - Date of last activity Jun, 2010

Description: Collection Account (I PFD'd them, which as I read more and more, am thinking I shouldn't have)

HSBC Bank - Date of last activity Dec, 2008

Description: Account Transferred or sold / Credit Card (This was sent to LVNV and paid for, next item)

LVNVFNDG - Date of last activity Jul, 2008

Description: Account paid for less than full balance / Paid Collection (Piad and I still have the letter confirming it)

Citifinanc - Date of last activity Oct, 2010

Description: Closed or paid account / zero balance / Unsecured (this account was settled through an attorneys office for less than the full amount but the CA never reported it)

Webbk/DFS (Dell) - Date of last activity  Jul, 2010

Description: Transferred to Recovery / Charge Off account (this account is now with ARS, but they are not reporting it to the CRA's)

GECRB/PCRI - Date of last activity Sep, 2009

Description: Account transferred or sold / Charged Off Account (I am currently paying this account in full with CA, but they are not reporting it to the CRA's it seems)

HSBC/Sony - Date of last activity Feb, 2009

Description: Account closed at consumer's request / Account paid for less than full balance (I settled with them, without going to a CA)

So my questions are:

- What if anything can I do about these accounts? My SOL is 6 years (DV/PFD? GW?)

- I can't really figure out the DOFD on these accounts as my TU and Equifax report don't say when they will approx. fall off

- On some of these accounts, the DOLA is different between TU/EQ reports. Why is that? Does it make a difference?

Just wondering what my next steps are for improving my credit.

Thank you all in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need Some Advice

I would first address the accounts that still have unpaid delinquent debt, particularly those still within SOL.

COs can mature into collections, and a debt collector can report at any time after they have received collection authority, even after the debt is paid.  The debt owner can always bring legal action if still within SOL.  Dealing with current damage is not the only concern.  Those accounts can get a whole lot worse.

PFDs address your concern for CR deletion, but dont limit any potential action by them.  The creditors and debt collectors have their own options, such as legal action, or additional credit reporting of their activities to increase their collection pressure.

Thus, just sending a PFD and hoping to both satisfy the debt and get CR deletion has its own gamble.

It is impossible to advise how to proceed, as it is not possible to ordain what the credtior/debt collector might do.

You can always just pay and pursue CR deletion separately by way of a later GW request. 

Or you can roll the dice.

Paid debt requires a GW campaign to secure CR deletion.

Message 2 of 6
akumaxv
Established Member

Thank you for the response.
I an currently paying of the GE/PC card with a settlement through the CA. However, I don't see them on any of my CR'.
Same goes for the Dell account.
The only PFD I have out is for the HSBC/BSTBY and I have offered 40% of the debt, have not asked for verification, as long as they delete.
At this point, I know the damage is done, so I'm trying to mitigate as best I can.
What do you think best course is on the older debts that have been paid for some time?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of these accounts are fairly new. Do you think they are going to have a hard time validating the debt? I think not.

Message 4 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

If you pull your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com. they tend to have more info on them, then ones from a 3rd party.
The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

The EQ will have the actual DoFD, and TU& EX will have the drop off dates.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 6
akumaxv
Established Member

LIGHNIN,

Thank you for the response.

I'm going to take a loolk at that now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.